Tarp
    ZPack CF/Superfly
    Insulation
    Mt Wsh 3/MMG Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Question 50* Burrow Questions

Good afternoon, all!

I sent an email off a couple of weeks ago, but figure that they're busy sewing and that the answers might be available on the forums.

I'm looking to replace my DIY summer quilt that I made out of IX. Nice and light, but feels a little clammy when I get up in the morning, which I don't like. I'm thinking that the 50* burrow might be the trick.

The first question is on the footbox. My TQ's that I made and those bought from JRB have a velcro footbox with a tie at the top to keep in from opening too easily. I'm interested to hear if anyone knows the weight difference between the velcro and snaps, whether or not they have/need a tie at the top of the velcro, and whether or not both options have an drawstring on the bottom of the footbox for ventilation.

Second question is on the length. I am 5' 7" so am considering the short length (69"). Curious to see if anyone around my size has tried the short and if they truly found it to be long enough. The site says that the down is adjusted to maintain temperature rating, so also wondering what that meant as far as amount of down used.

I've also seen some discussion on the boards about using materials other than the 1.1 fabric displayed on the site. Was wondering if anyone has used 7d fabric on the inside with 1.1 on the outside and how that worked out and what it weighed.

Anyhow, thanks for any info that anyone has!

SN
    Please visit my AmJustDuane YouTube channel

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Never say I didn't do anything for you

Adam is the man when it came to this custom quilt!
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    I sent an email last week too about an order I wanted to have altered but no reply...they were having trouble at one point.

a) don't know the difference in weights between velcro and snaps, but the snaps require no tying and have a drawstring at the bottom to cinch it closed. Or you can go with a sewn footbox.

b) Don't know about the short, but as far as fabrics go, I just got an M50 UQ and thd difference in feel between that and my 1.1 quilts was noticeable when side by side. Using it for the first time this weekend and will report on it's performance but there's no way this thing isn't going to be stellar. Have already started hammering out getting a TQ to match.

Also, I imagine the down is proportional to the size to get the desired temperature.

HG crew have been "re-organizing" their shop and have been pretty busy maintaining production while doing it. If you're looking to place an order you can always call and get the details worked out on the phone while placing it. Adams pretty good for that and loves helping people out.

Good luck brother

Hammock
    WB Traveler Single 1.7/WBBB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    ZPack CF/Superfly
    Insulation
    Mt Wsh 3/MMG Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Perez View Post
    Never say I didn't do anything for you

Adam is the man when it came to this custom quilt!
    Never would say it, WM!

Saw your video when if first came out, which also led me to think that this might work out for me. I'm thinking that the snaps will have the same effect as your tied footbox, so that should probably work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2TallWv View Post
    I sent an email last week too about an order I wanted to have altered but no reply...they were having trouble at one point.
    Yeah, I think that they're just busy but everything that I've heard about the product and customer service makes it worth a few glitches to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    a) don't know the difference in weights between velcro and snaps, but the snaps require no tying and have a drawstring at the bottom to cinch it closed. Or you can go with a sewn footbox.

b) Don't know about the short, but as far as fabrics go, I just got an M50 UQ and thd difference in feel between that and my 1.1 quilts was noticeable when side by side. Using it for the first time this weekend and will report on it's performance but there's no way this thing isn't going to be stellar. Have already started hammering out getting a TQ to match.

Also, I imagine the down is proportional to the size to get the desired temperature.

HG crew have been "re-organizing" their shop and have been pretty busy maintaining production while doing it. If you're looking to place an order you can always call and get the details worked out on the phone while placing it. Adams pretty good for that and loves helping people out.

Good luck brother
    Thanks, I think that I will just give them a call. I'm sure that everything will be great.

I look forward to hearing the results of your overnight. Would you say that the momentum fabrics seem durable enough?

Thanks all!

SN
    Please visit my AmJustDuane YouTube channel

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    To Steeler Nation......

One Word.........

Tebow

haha, just kidding, i love tormenting steeler fans

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Everyone else Eli Manning aka Captain Clutch lol

NY Giants tearing the hearts out of fan bases one playoff game at a time
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Insulation
    HAMMOCKgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    I'm 5' 7" and have the 50, standard length. It's plenty long enough.

I look forward to hearing the results of your overnight. Would you say that the momentum fabrics seem durable enough?
    Asbolutely, especially for this application. Also supposed to be less breathable than ripstop but still breathable enough not to be a vapor barrier. This in theory should up the insulation properties. Thanks for the well wishes for my trip, will give updates thursday morning

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My 50 degree HG quilt has small cordage and loops on the quilt that laces it together to form the foot box. No snaps or velcro. Depending on how it is tied it will vent at the bottom or a little the whole foot box length. I've heard good things on the 7D fabric. Go for it!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast