Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images

Burrow OQ Review With Pictures

Recently I took a four day three night trip on the AT. I used my new custom made Burrow, by Stormcrow at The Perfect Trees. If you do not know him or have never talked to him, Stormcrow is a great guy who excels at customer service. I wanted to post here my experiences with the product and the proprietor.

Product OVerveiw

Weight: 26oz

Length: 72"

Width Top: 54"

Width Bottom: 40"

Color Top: Black

Color Bottom: Gray

Fill: 900PF

Temp Rating: 20F

Footbox: Created with 4 snaps, and Cord with Cordlock

Special Feature: Cordlock at top with cord to wrap around shoulders

Review From Field

Each night the I got into the hammock and pulled my new Burrow over me I could instantly feel the heat begin to permiate. The dusk temps of 40 - 45 degrees and nightime temps of 35 degrees made sitting around camp difficult. But the Burrow made sleeping easy. I would start off with the quilt loose over me and then as the temps dipped during the night to 35 I cinched the top down with the cord lock and drifted off to sleep again.

The Burrow kept me warm and even deflected the wind that occasionally made its way through my tarp. I especially like the versital foot box that offers me the option to have no foot box during warmer temps, or to enclose it when the temps drop. This feature should allow me a larger range of temperatures to use this quilt in - illiminating the need for another one.. Right...

Now onto the Proprietor, Stormcrow and The Pefect Trees. Stormcrow was a joy to work with. He talked with me extensively about the product, the design, and his plans. He asked what I wanted and worked with me on some custom features. He Personaly delivered my quilt the day I left to make sure that I had it for my trip. Stormcrow ranks at the top of my list on customer service and communication. I could not be happier with my experience or my product. I look forward to working again with Stormcrow and would urge anyone that has been wondering, if there is anyone, to do business with him.

Thank you all for your attention and thank you Stormcrow for the product.

"dirt"

[IMG]
    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/3/7/2/9/incubator_pictures_003.jpg[/IMG]

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Thats a mighty fine quilt and I love my burrow. Adam is an absolute pleasure to work with and does have excellent customer service. ? bout your quilt. Is it a square quilt with snap footbox or is it still tapered at the end? If its still tamered and has the snaps thats a pretty cool design feature IMHO Enjoy your burrow I know I sure am.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Thats a mighty fine quilt and I love my burrow. Adam is an absolute pleasure to work with and does have excellent customer service. ? bout your quilt. Is it a square quilt with snap footbox or is it still tapered at the end? If its still tamered and has the snaps thats a pretty cool design feature IMHO Enjoy your burrow I know I sure am.

Yes it is a tapered OQ with the snaps and drawsting to make a footbox.

I love it, and enjoy yours as well.
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Sweet looking Burrow! I've said it before and I will say it again and again,,,, Stormcrow does great work and not only the effort he puts into producing great pieces, but he also takes the time to talk and discuss things with you to make sure you feel confident on your decision, even if you were like me and asked a million and 1 questions (repeating alot of it) he still found the time to answer them all and was very nice about it, although I'm sure as he was typing the reply to my emails he was like "oh not him again *%@&@, *^@(!^" and probably many more. I hope to have one of his TQ's here in the near future and postings like this make it "REAL" hard to resist. Thanks for the post and review of your TQ and Stormcrow thanks for the great gear!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    thanks for the review!

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak-Man View Post
    Yes it is a tapered OQ with the snaps and drawsting to make a footbox.

I love it, and enjoy yours as well.
    Very cool inovation, next time I order a TQ from ST im gonna have to borrow that ideah .
    Happy Hanging
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Oh man I can't wait till I get mine. Stormcrow hurry up.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Neither can I ...(in slowmo) Can't wait any longer, Must have my quilts ... lol
    Look great ... Will post when I receive mine ... !
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    WOW, I go away for the weekend to do some quality egg huntin and I come back to a couple of really nice reviews. Thanks "Dirt" for the pictures and comments.

Thank you all for your nice comments as well. Dutch, your special quilt is taking a little more time than I hoped but it will be worth the wait...definitely a custom job..

LRR, I am sending you a pm..
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Banned
    Images
    So the primary custom mods to this is the button snap at the foot to make it go from being a square pad to a footbox, right?

(ps: don't own a TQ yet... [can't figure out which one to buy]... so, sorry for the stupid newb question here - giggle)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast