Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Images
    OK, this is confusing!

http://pestcontroloutlet.com/shop-by...ethrin-38-16oz
    Hi-Yield 38 Plus is the highest percentage (38%) permethrin allowed by the EPA. This product is for outdoor use only because it is petroleum based which unlike water based formulas this product should not be used on clothing or indoors.....................

• DO NOT apply indoors (including crawl spaces)......
    As opposed to the same brand of 10% called indoor/outdoor:
    http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/hi...de-p-1551.html
    Hi-Yield Indoor/Outdoor Broad Use Insecticide with 10% Permethrin Insecticide controls a wide variety of turf, garden, and ornamental pests. Hi-Yield Indoor/Outdoor Broad Use Insecticide can be used inside homes

Petroleum based vs water based? But it says on the label of both: Contains Petroleum distillates.

And I can tell both do contain petro. So what the heck?

Section 2 of the product MSDS for the indoor/outdoor 10% says:
    http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ms...5%20MSDS_2.pdf
    Petroleum distillate contains: 8052-41-3 <75%
    Trimethyl benzene 125 mg/M3 125 mg/M3
    Stoddard solvent 525 mg/M3 525 mg/M3
    The same section for the 38% only says:
    http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ms...0Turf_msds.pdf
    2 Aromatic petroleum solvent (CAS No. 70693-06-0) and proprietary emulsifier
    I wish all of this could be more transparent. Is it just a matter of amount of petroleum distillates?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I think that Hi-Yield comes in a couple of mixtures. Hi-Yield 38 is actually 38% permethrine. The rest of the stuff in the bottle is the petroleum distillates.

I went by my local co-op on the way home from work on friday. I found the 10% solution in the horse/cattle section. It says that the permethrine content is 10% and the inert is 90%. It said something like 2 tablespoons for a gallon. I was reading the label and the old guy that works there said it was great. He told me that I could spray it directly on my horses, that I did not need to dilute it at all (I don't have horses).

I bought it for $13 (32oz) and read the label several times. You can spray it on your cattle to prevent horseflys or on your dogs to get rid of fleas and mites. Says that it goes into the soil and will kill fireants, carpenter ants, termites for up to 5 years. Says that you can spray it on your fruit and vegetables, ie lettuce, peaches, etc up to the day before harvest. No more than like 5 times a season though. Says that it will irritate cats and is deadly to fish if it gets into the water system. Also, don't dump it into your well drainage system area...

Sounds like a couple of tablespoons in a gallon of water, then dunk & dry my hammocks.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    MEC Guide
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but does anyone know where one can get permethrin in Canada in spray form for clothing and such? I have done only basic searches for the stuff here but haven't found anything yet......although the deet may be blurring my vision.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    MEC Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by wardex66 View Post
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but does anyone know where one can get permethrin in Canada in spray form for clothing and such? I have done only basic searches for the stuff here but haven't found anything yet......although the deet may be blurring my vision.
    Never mind, skipped a groove. I see that Bilybob58 suggested a solution for us canucks on the last page.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789