Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Clark NA Extra Line of Velcro

I just had a great Mothers Day with my new Clark NA and got a chance to really get a good look at it. I have not read any posts about the line of velcro from the last pocket towards the end of the hammock. My question to you all who have more experience with the Clark is what is it for? I can imagine making an underquilt to fit just that section, but I still have not seen or heard anyone else including Clarks web site talk about it. Sorry, I wish I had taken pictures. Any suggestions about what you use it for.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    I was actually going to ask the same thing. I think it might just be so that you can seal the pouch closed when you stuff it inside the last pocket. It lines up with the pocket velcro when you're done stuffing the hammock away.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by bernc3 View Post
    I was actually going to ask the same thing. I think it might just be so that you can seal the pouch closed when you stuff it inside the last pocket. It lines up with the pocket velcro when you're done stuffing the hammock away.
    I don't think you're talking about the same thing???
    I saw ClumseyBears hammock and the velcro she's talking about is only the loop velcro, runs about 3 feet from the last pocket towards the foot end, both sides and then there's another piece that runs down the side of the last pocket towards the bottom middle of the hammock. So sort of looks like an upside down captal letter "L" on both sides of the hammock. Total loop velcro looks to be about 10' +. It looks like a perfect place to make a custom uq with the hook velcro and just attach it to the hammock bottom!!! Then you would still have all the pockets showing and could fill them with your pocket quilts. The other weird thing is that I had my clark tropical hanging right next to it, and I don't have all that velcro.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    Well now that you mention it I'm gonna have to setup my hammock again and check it out. Could it be that Clark PLANNED the NA to be used with after-market UQs? Or maybe this is a hint that Clark will be offering it's own UQ's made specifically for their hammocks.... we will see.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I am not sure what it is if you have a picture of it I might be able to help if not just email them or call them I am sure they will let you know.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I am working on gettin a picture. I just loaded three into my computer and I am trying to figure out how to upload it here. Stay tuned.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Clark NA

I did it but I am not sure where to tell you to find it. I think it went to the gallery.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clumseybear View Post
    I did it but I am not sure where to tell you to find it. I think it went to the gallery.
    Yep they did but that is alright, I am a bit stumped too you might want to send them and email and send pictures with it and ask Spencer what that is but it looks like they have added velcro to acomadate undercovers. Neither of my NA/NX or the Vertex has that so it might be something new.

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images
    I just purchased my NA about 4 weeks ago and it has those exact same velcro points. An UQ that velcroed on there combined with the pocket quilts that RAW had made would be amazing! Now I'm excited

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB quilt
    Suspension
    rings & straps

repost from the yahoo forum from Spencer

I've been getting into this whole hammock idea and got my Clark NA last week was too wondering about the velcro, the question was recently answered by Spencer for over at Clark.
    "Hi all,

Okay, so some of you have apparently noticed the velcro strip that has been put on all 4-season models since April 1, 2009 (North American, NX-200 and NX-250). The strip runs across the hammock where the pockets end. The strip also runs between the pockets and the footend of the hammock along the sides of the base material.

This velcro strip will help in the application of our new insulation system, intended for temperatures below freezing. The system will include insulation pads which are filled a high quality synthetic insulation. This is a higher quality insulation than is found in many sleeping bags. These pads will work with our insulating pockets to increase the insulating properties of the hammock.

Six of the pads will fit nicely in the 6 insulating pocket sof the hammock, and will utilize the velcro already available in all of our 4-season models to keep cold air from getting in between the insulation and your body. The pockets will still be useful for holding other items such as boots and gear. One large pad will use the new velcro strips to be secured under your legs and feet.

We anticipate that this new system will weigh the same or less than underquilts currently on the market. We also anticipate that this system will cost far less than many underquilts of similar effectiveness.

So what are the benefits of this insulation system? We foresee that installing this system will be simple, eliminating worries about cold spots or adjustments. You will have the option of installing your insulation before leaving home so that you don't need to worry about it on the trail.

More about Clark's new insulation system will be available in the coming months.

Spencer"

Sounds like an exciting prospect, I've been hanging in my studio but have yet to find time to get out and hang plus I live in an Urban jungle so it's a little tough to do, but plan to hang next weekend if all goes well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast