Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images

Hung

Poverty Prevention has kept me from getting out to the woods to set up the HHDJ, but the other day I remembered that I had a backyard hammock frame stashed under the house (no basements here in TX), so I set it up in the backyard. Spent Sunday afternoon like this:

Worked OK, but was way too low to the ground and had some mount/dismount issues.

Last night I tried sleeping in 40 degree weather. I chucked in an extra Magellan mummy sleeping pad in with the HH Reflectix and another off-brand rectangular pad inside the hammock with me. Used a Eureka 30 degree mummy bag with a Swiss Army surplus fleece bag liner as a TQ and a Magellan inflatable pillow. Ran the HH tarp close to the bug net as a top cover and clipped it off to the hammock guys to keep it there. Everything worked fine except I had about a 2" wide uninsulated strip running right across the top of my shoulders. There was some condensation on the tarp when I got out. It might not be a fair test, though, as the extra pads brought the hammock into contact with the cross bar on the hammock frame, so I was technically not hanging.

I've got a big piece of reflectix I picked up along the side of the road a few days ago. I think I'm gonna cut me a piece off to use as shoulder wings and see how that works.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    You were hanging, and you got out, even if it was your own back yard, you got out and just did it. Things are expensive and I just go with what Shug told me when I first started out on this venture, "just get out and do it". I've never looked back. My son and I make do with what we have, and acquire things as we go along. A crap load of DIY and learning how to sew, (just because I'm a female doesn't mean I know how to sew). But I've learned a lot right here on the forums and I'm no longer afraid of a "thread injector".

You may be able to MOD your stand a bit to work better for you. Let your imagination flow and see what else you can come up with.

By the way, good job!!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    You were hanging, and you got out, even if it was your own back yard, you got out and just did it. Things are expensive and I just go with what Shug told me when I first started out on this venture, "just get out and do it". I've never looked back. My son and I make do with what we have, and acquire things as we go along. A crap load of DIY and learning how to sew, (just because I'm a female doesn't mean I know how to sew). But I've learned a lot right here on the forums and I'm no longer afraid of a "thread injector".

You may be able to MOD your stand a bit to work better for you. Let your imagination flow and see what else you can come up with.

By the way, good job!!
    Yah; I've been thinking of getting some smaller diameter pipe to fit in the ones that are there now to get it about two feet higher.

I live out in the country and there's a prtetty large isolated area at the end of the road that affords opportunities for some stealth camping for us locals. I'm thinking about heading out there Friday evening for a stay.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB BigMamaJamba
    Insulation
    Kick ass quilt:JBR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE MSH
    what a great Texas sunday it was a little rainy here in Sa this weekend made for no backyard fun, but glad to see my fellow Tx hangers up off the ground
    Ty

• + New Posts