Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB 11'x10' Spinn
    Insulation
    HSSniv MtWash3
    Suspension
    webbing Dutch clip
    Hooch, I also have a ULA Catalyst. Using the Ziploc bag as a pack liner is a great idea. What size fits?
    ..Mike the Weed Warrior bio // Think globally, act locally: Remove an invasive plant

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB 11'x10' Spinn
    Insulation
    HSSniv MtWash3
    Suspension
    webbing Dutch clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    I've lost 10 lbs this month (yay!)..
    Congrats, Dancer! Thanks you and Hooch posting your gear list, I'm getting mine together now. Looking forward to meeting both of you. I emailed Hooch with some trip planning questions.

I lost my hammock callowness last night as I slumbered heavily in my Warbonnet Blackbird with JRB High Sierra Sniveller tq and Mt Washington 3 uq. It was only 50F so I was quite toasty. Slept until 7:15am, a new unprecedented record for me. Hammocks have only one problem -- they're too comfortable!
    Last edited by VegaMike; 10-29-2009 at 21:02.
    ..Mike the Weed Warrior bio // Think globally, act locally: Remove an invasive plant

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    This is new to my list. I've lost 10 lbs this month (yay!) and I'm not sure how my hiking clothes are going to react. I'm taking it in case I get uncomfortable rubbing going on.
    10lbs! Yay!
    Belt for your trousers?
    I use Brave Soldier's Friction Zone stuff when bicycling - I find that, since it is hydrophobic it stays effective a long time. Gold Bond or other powders just clump up and don't work for me. except on my feet. Then they're good.
    -Liz -

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Dancer, Miksmi and I are doing the Maryland section of the AT from Pen-Mar Park to Harpers Ferry. Total mileage is 40.5 miles.
    Ive done that, many times, at different times of the year.

Its beautiful country.

See if you can find the "devils playground." It used to be a great scramble area.

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Snugfit Underquilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by miksmi View Post
    Congrats, Dancer! Thanks you and Hooch posting your gear list, I'm getting mine together now. Looking forward to meeting both of you. I emailed Hooch with some trip planning questions.

I lost my hammock callowness last night as I slumbered heavily in my Warbonnet Blackbird with JRB High Sierra Sniveller tq and Mt Washington 3 uq. It was only 50F so I was quite toasty. Slept until 7:15am, am unheard of new record for me. Hammocks have only one problem -- they're too comfortable!
    I love my hammock! At the last hang I was in mine for 12 hours the last night...

Thanks for the congrats, I've worked hard and broken in new boots in the meantime. Can't wait to meet you too. I'm really looking forward to this hike.

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Snugfit Underquilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by eay View Post
    10lbs! Yay!
    Belt for your trousers?
    I use Brave Soldier's Friction Zone stuff when bicycling - I find that, since it is hydrophobic it stays effective a long time. Gold Bond or other powders just clump up and don't work for me. except on my feet. Then they're good.
    Thanks, I'll check that stuff out, maybe before we leave. For 5 days, better safe than sorry.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miksmi View Post
    Hooch, I also have a ULA Catalyst. Using the Ziploc bag as a pack liner is a great idea. What size fits?
    A big 'un. Not sure of the size, but think it's an XL.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    The knife I have now is sharp as a razor and **** near bombproof.
    oh my.... I just looked up your knife.....
    It comes in my favorite color, pink!!! Would you happen to know if all the "stuff" that goes with the knife is also in pink??? The pictures only show the black.
    Thanks Hooch... looks like I'll be adding more to my Christmas list!!! I bet my mom freaks out when I tell her I want a pink knife
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by eay View Post
    10lbs! Yay!
    Belt for your trousers?
    My last hiking trip, I wore a skirt. The skirt worked out extreamly fantasticly well (can you tell I really liked wearing a skirt??) But by the 4th day, my upper inner legs were starting to scream at me. So I've looked into Brave Souldiers stuff and into BodyGlide and Hydropel and will be taking at least one of these products with me on my next hiking trip.

Dancer, WOW!! congrats on the 10 lb loss!!! I've been trying to loose weight for over a year now and nothing, nada, zip has come off

Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Snugfit Underquilt
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by TinaLouise View Post
    My last hiking trip, I wore a skirt. The skirt worked out extreamly fantasticly well (can you tell I really liked wearing a skirt??) But by the 4th day, my upper inner legs were starting to scream at me. So I've looked into Brave Souldiers stuff and into BodyGlide and Hydropel and will be taking at least one of these products with me on my next hiking trip.

Dancer, WOW!! congrats on the 10 lb loss!!! I've been trying to loose weight for over a year now and nothing, nada, zip has come off
    It can be a challenge for sure. I've been walking 4 miles 3 or 4 times a week, staying away from sugar and fast food, reducing my portions sizes and drinking lots and lots of water. I eat whole wheat bread and brown rice but try to do that at lunch and go lower carb at dinner. Lots of fish and chicken, fresh or frozen veggies and fresh fruit. Watching my sodium intake really closely. Also trying not to eat anything after 7pm. Might not work for everyone but it does for me.

If you are interested in some of the specific tips I use pm me and I'll share some things that work well.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast