Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnChkwgn View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good plan, I'll be there.
    Hi RMC, Welcome.
    I added your name to the list. Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I'm going to try to make it as well if my insulation shows up on time. Waiting for WB Yeti 3-season UQ, WBBB travel sock, and a 0deg UGQ TQ. I've already received my WBBB DL 1.7, WB MJ tarp, about 5/8" CCF pads to supplement the Yeti if needed, and a bunch of do-dads/rope/webbing to fit it all together with I hope.

I am a complete noob with hammocks but have been doing lots of reading on here. Probably not the best idea to make my first hang a winter one, but I figure the car and drive back to Denver won't be too bad if I fail completely on my first attempt

Jory
    Hi Jory, Welcome.
    I added your name to the list. Looking forward to meeting you.
    I've read you can add a layer of reflectix (window shade material) to a CCF pad and it will do the job. I've not tried it though.
    Also there is the hot water bottle trick and chemical hand warmers.
    I only use a 20F UQ so I have done both water bottle and hand warmers.
    I also sleep in my heavy down jacket and insulated over pants with balaclava and gloves.

Do either of you fellas have access to firewood?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I'm planning to attend though I'll likely "hang" out at the campground (TBD). I'm checking on firewood. I helped a friend tear down a fence last summer and I believe he still has some. I'll post when I know more.
    Where ever you go, there you are?

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I'm keeping an eye on Craigslist. Hopefully there will be some freebie stuff available to burn before the group hang. Especially if no one objects to pallets.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Weighing options
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I have a couple pieces of wood in my yard from a tree that was cut down this summer I haven't used yet. I can also pickup about an 1/8 of a cord on my way out of town from http://www.rmfirewood.com if we can't come up with enough before then.

If anyone else wants to toss in some money towards wood from those guys I can haul it, only willing to spend about $40-50 out of my own pocket though.

Jory

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I wouldn't know if I could chip in till the day of our trip. I'm fairly well broke till then unfortunately.
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a couple pieces of wood in my yard from a tree that was cut down this summer I haven't used yet. I can also pickup about an 1/8 of a cord on my way out of town from http://www.rmfirewood.com if we can't come up with enough before then.

If anyone else wants to toss in some money towards wood from those guys I can haul it, only willing to spend about $40-50 out of my own pocket though.

Jory
    Just looking at the pictures on that site, $50 should buy quite a bit, and it shouldn't need to all come out of your pocket. I'll go in on it.

Images

Jory
    Hi Jory thank you. I will chip in $20

I'm a little worried about any wood that might be treated like fencing or pallets. I've read they give off fumes that might be harmful.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I'm a little worried about any wood that might be treated like fencing or pallets. I've read they give off fumes that might be harmful.
    They ain't my first pick either. So I'll ignore pallets.
    Meaning of the EOD Badge

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheian View Post
    They ain't my first pick either. So I'll ignore pallets.
    The fencing I was checking on had both un-painted infrastructure and painted slats. Unfortunately all that's left are the slats so I passed.

Pallets are normally hardwood and untreated/unpainted. I'd say if you find some bring them!
    Where ever you go, there you are?

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    So I'll grab anything available that can burn. With luck we will be ok on the firewood department.
    Meaning of the EOD Badge

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast