Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

More Questions

Quote Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
    Can you give an example of what poles these tips will work with?
    After reading through the website and watching some of the videos, I have a couple more questions:

- Since you sell 3 types of suspension, why can't I order the whoopie sling & tree strap suspension when I order the hammock?

- Is the full-length Lynx UQ long enough for someone who is 6'3" tall?

- One of the things I miss with my current bridge hammock vs my gathered end hammock is that I have no place to hang my glasses at night. In the gathered end hammock I hang them over the ridge line. Do the saddlebag openings create a ridge suitable for hanging eyeglasses on? (Hope that makes sense) Else I guess I'll have to start carrying the hard case for my glasses and dumping them in the pocket, then fishing around for them when I need them.

- Also regarding the saddlebag pockets, are they accessible from the outside of the hammock when the bug net is in place and closed?

- Does the hammock stuff sack also accept the spreader bar segments, or do they come with their own stuff sack, or must I make other provisions for carrying them without losing a segment?

- Is there any discount if I purchase hammock, tarp, guylines, and underquilt together?
    ~
    "Home is where I hang my food bag."

Monkeywrench
    Allen Freeman
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com
    blog.allenf.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    Total weight with bars is over 30oz?
    That appears to be correct. The weight actually seems very comparable to the JRB bridges, at 31.8 ounces for the single-layer BMBH UL and 39 ounces for the double-layer original BMBH.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

?

Almost ready to pull the trigger (wife's permission approved)! Just a few questions. What is the with of the fabric at the head end? I'm trying to get an idea of the lay of the hammock. What weight fabric are you using 1.1 or 1.7? I couldn't find that info. I am very familiar with bridge hammocks and this would be the deciding factor for me. Thanks Brandon great job.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    That appears to be correct. The weight actually seems very comparable to the JRB bridges, at 31.8 ounces for the single-layer BMBH UL and 39 ounces for the double-layer original BMBH.
    The only major non compareable thingy between the BMBH UL and Warbonnet is will the UQ's I have that are Arrowhead Jarbridges, and Underground Quilts fit the narrowness of the foot area being rectangle in size,,,will just have to wait and see from you people that have this Bridge Hammock and let you do all the testing. I can see a problem here maybe??? And on the BMBH UL..everything fits perfectly.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    The only major non compareable thingy between the BMBH UL and Warbonnet is will the UQ's I have that are Arrowhead Jarbridges, and Underground Quilts fit the narrowness of the foot area being rectangle in size,,,will just have to wait and see from you people that have this Bridge Hammock and let you do all the testing. I can see a problem here maybe??? And on the BMBH UL..everything fits perfectly.
    I guess I'll have to try one out, but I don't see anything that makes me think I'd prefer the ridgerunner to the BMBH UL. I was hoping for something revolutionary in terms of weight.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    hey everybody, looks like somebody found the pics early. just wanted to start this thread, if anybody has any product specific questions post them here, will be easier than me having to watch multiple threads

items are now avail on the website, we've got whole bunch of new and updated videos in the setup section, those should be up in a couple more hours
    Well done Brandon!
    A Professional product-line release indeed.
    Having the videos ready too made all the difference.
    Looking forward to the gear reviews from all the newest owners
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    I guess I'll have to try one out, but I don't see anything that makes me think I'd prefer the ridgerunner to the BMBH UL. I was hoping for something revolutionary in terms of weight.
    I can envison absolutely no shoulder squeeze at all for those that have complained about that a dash,,,,in using the Warbonnet Bridge..hopefully!!! However,,I have no shoulder squeeze in my BMBH UL but that is, I am sure do to my lanky build. I really like the design of the hammock body and with everybody getting one and testing it out..will wait and see what everybody else finds out about it, but I am sure the lay is fantastic as well..nice job in Warbonnet putting all of this together including all the accessories..might just have to unload some things and jump right in.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    I had a KAQ that I used on my first bridge hammock. It worked but was not ideal. I had a lot of problems keeping it in place. This was also in the pre Dutch Quilthooks era.

- One of the things I miss with my current bridge hammock vs my gathered end hammock is that I have no place to hang my glasses at night. In the gathered end hammock I hang them over the ridge line. Do the saddlebag openings create a ridge suitable for hanging eyeglasses on? (Hope that makes sense) Else I guess I'll have to start carrying the hard case for my glasses and dumping them in the pocket, then fishing around for them when I need them.

-
    As a guy who up until a year ago wore glasses full time I say a good place for them is on the end cap behind your head. I found unless you do some major hoping around in a bridge glasses will stay there. If not you could always hand stich a small grosgrain loop on any one of your hammocks to pass your glasses arm through and hold them.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    There's only so much you can do to thwart basic physics. A bridge hammock has a more complicated suspension system, and requires a fair bit of fabric. Sure, you can go ultralight by ditching the end caps and bug netting, or going super narrow, but was anybody REALLY expecting that to be the innovation with Brandon's hammock?

The Blackbird is known for being very spacious and very comfortable, not for being light weight. I believe these are the same goals that were brought to the bridge hammock - a less claustrophobic sensation, and a roomier bugnet with less "shoulder squeeze". Add in the "complete system" aspect of all the accessories, and I think it's a big step up.

Use your trekking poles as the support poles, and a Ridgerunner basically weighs the same amount as its equivalent Blackbird.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I REALLY love hanging things on the ridgeline in my Blackbird. So much so, that I am already thinking about adding an internal, non-structural ridgeline to my Ridgerunner.

The basic thought is - you already have two lines being used to pull the netting up and out. If you attach a line on the INSIDE of the bug net, which connects to these two lines, you should be able to hang lightweight objects, like a small lamp or your glasses, from this internal "clothesline"
    Last edited by Mustardman; 08-21-2012 at 11:42.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast