BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    i ordered a single 1.0 traveler last week, brandon said it would be a 2-week wait.
    BUT mine was a custom, coyote brown 1.0 single. a 1.1 single may be less than 2 weeks.
    just a thought.

get the line/strap version and teach her how to tie a buntline hitch. easy as pie, and fast.

Hammock
    1.1 SL BB or 1.1 SL Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat dlx & std
    Insulation
    down UQs
    Suspension
    Whoopie+DB+hugger
    Images
    100% agree with the WB Traveler. Just got my SL 1.1 and I love, love, love it.
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Edge in Spinn
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Clove Hitch
    just got the verification from brandon that it will get here by christmas, so I am going to go ahead and get the traveler
    "Lets Start Today"

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Edge in Spinn
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Clove Hitch
    just placed the order. Hope I get it a few days in advance so I can check it out around the back yard.
    "Lets Start Today"

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gakayaker View Post
    just placed the order. Hope I get it a few days in advance so I can check it out around the back yard.
    Its a great hammock good choice IMHO, really comfortable and a quality product. But may I suggest ordering two if you plan on checking it out around the back yard because if you dont and you do well your friend may never see the inside of a WB Traveller. .
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DIY FrankenBird + 5 other DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    I see that the traveler has been ordered, but for anyone else thinking of gifting, why not a Hennessy Scout?
    One requirement was a "complete package", another was easy to set up, and another was the $100 limit. Seems that the Scout is a pretty good fit for all of those.
    No idea if they can ship in time, but it would be easy enough to call and find out.

Better yet, order yourself a hammock over $129 and get a free scout and two sets of skins (they're having a holiday promo right now).

BTW, I have no connection to Hennessy, and am pretty new to hammocking... the Scout is just the solution that came to mind when I read the requirements.

The good news is that will all of the options mentioned, I don't think there is a wrong answer. The recipient wins no matter what is chosen
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

My outdoor gear review site http://gear-report.com
    Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Another suggestion if you "accidentally" want to keep the Traveler is the Hammock Bliss No-See-Um-No-More. It is a parachute nylon hammock with integrated bugnet, comes with a basic suspension and can be turned upside down if you want to use it without the bugnet and costs $80.00. Sgt. Rock did a reveiw of it here.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Edge in Spinn
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Clove Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcress View Post
    I see that the traveler has been ordered, but for anyone else thinking of gifting, why not a Hennessy Scout?
    One requirement was a "complete package", another was easy to set up, and another was the $100 limit. Seems that the Scout is a pretty good fit for all of those.
    No idea if they can ship in time, but it would be easy enough to call and find out.

Better yet, order yourself a hammock over $129 and get a free scout and two sets of skins (they're having a holiday promo right now).

BTW, I have no connection to Hennessy, and am pretty new to hammocking... the Scout is just the solution that came to mind when I read the requirements.

The good news is that will all of the options mentioned, I don't think there is a wrong answer. The recipient wins no matter what is chosen
    That is what I originally wanted to do but the scout didn't meet the hight and weight requirement I was looking for. Also the cheapest hammock you can get for over $129 is the expedition asym which comes to $150 shipped which is just a little too much over my budget.
    "Lets Start Today"

Hammock
    DIY FrankenBird + 5 other DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Ogee, etc.
    Insulation
    IX UQ & TQ +fleece
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gakayaker View Post
    That is what I originally wanted to do but the scout didn't meet the hight and weight requirement I was looking for. Also the cheapest hammock you can get for over $129 is the expedition asym which comes to $150 shipped which is just a little too much over my budget.
    Or you could have bought the Exped Asym, got the skins and Scout free, then sold the Scout and skins here on HF (have you seen how fast stuff sells here?!).
    I'm guessing you'd get at least $60 for a brand new Scout, and $10 for a set of skins, for a net investment of ~$80. Would have been a great deal for you and whoever bought the Scout.
    You come in $20 under budget and gift an even more deluxe setup than you had planned.

Now that I mention it, I may have to do that myself.
    "I keep telling myself that if I make perfect seams, nobody will believe that I made it... " -JohnSawyer

My outdoor gear review site http://gear-report.com
    Gear reviews, DIY / MYOG projects, Outdoor gear discounts, sales and coupons updated daily

Hammock
    diy DL HH explorer asym w/shelf
    Tarp
    jrb hex spinn
    Insulation
    winter crowsnest
    Suspension
    whoopies/toggles
    just give them a universal gift, money, they'll need it... make that plenty of money too much stuff to get

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast