Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double / Eno Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    NA for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies Web
    I have an eml dry fly... I'm still on fence for Goo.g but if I go ill bring it.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    I'm definitely going and have a Hennessey stock asym tarp I can bring for you. It's minimal coverage but will keep you dry if you hang it right. So no worries for a tarp. Hope you both can make it. If you are, just let me know and I'll definitely bring it for you. It's set up on a ridgeline with hardware so it's complete.
    Gideon
    Last edited by Gideon; 09-14-2012 at 13:59.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Double / Eno Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    NA for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies Web
    Wilderness Trail

Length: 8.5 Miles

This trail gives you an opportunity to experience great geological and natural features. It has a rich history of construction starting with sections built by the Civilian Conservation Corps for horse trails in the early 1930s, to Scouts from St. Louis area in the 1970s, to the Ozark Trail volunteers and finally to the state parks trail crew in 1996. The trail is a natural surface of moderate difficulty, but due to its length should not be attempted by beginning hikers unless accompanied by someone more experienced. To shorten your hike time, you can use the .70-mile white connector 2.

Eight backpacking camps are provided along the way. Each camp has a connecting spur off of the main trail. They are primitive and contain only a fire grill and a cleared area for several tents. They are first come, first serve with a maximum of 14 people. Overnight backpackers must register at the registration box 200 yards from the trailhead. On rare occasions, the trailhead parking lot is subject to flooding by the Meramec River and may require towing of a backpacker’s vehicle at the owner’s expense.

The north section of this trail meanders through the heart of the Meramec Upland Forest Natural Area, which is the most rugged and remote area of the park. Forests here and in other areas are rich and majestic with tall, dense and diverse forest and cherty woodlands. Views of the river can be seen from a high vantage point, especially after the leaves have dropped. Woodlands with rocky glades will appear on sun drenched slopes and at the peaks of ridge tops.

Length

Estimated Hiking Time

Type

Blazes

Trailhead

8.5 Miles

8 hours, 30 minutes

Loop

Orange

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I'm definitely going and have a Hennessey stock asym tarp I can bring for you. It's minimal coverage but will keep you dry if you hang it right. So no worries for a tarp. Hope you both can make it. If you are, just let me know and I'll definitely bring it for you. It's set up on a ridgeline with hardware so it's complete.
    Gideon
    Wow that actually be perfect since his hammock is a HH clone I built him thanks again so much as we are both planning on comming in fact we were thinking about leaving out Friday anyone want to join us for an extra night.
    And thanks again for letting my cuz borrow the tarp.
    BT
    "Hang safe and enjoy the outdoors"

http://tqnt.webs.com/
    Turtle Quilts N Tarps
    your home for custom made products

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    Just wandering if we can start a list of who all is going.
    I'm going +1
    BT

Turtle Quilts N Tarps

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Glad to help, consider it a done deal and I won't forget it We probably won't need it for rain but it cuts down the wind too.

CB4 is running point on this so I'll leave it to him to make the list. I planned on PM's him my cell phone number.

You're killing me with the Friday night! I'd love to but by the time I get off work and drive there...well, it won't work so I'll be at the trail head around 9:30 or so. Early is on time, on time is late...

The weather forecast right now looks good; low 80's during the day and cool, perfect sleeping weather at night. Does the hammock your cousin is going to use have a ridge line? If it does, I have a bug net that slips over the whole deal. If you go to the BIAS hammock website and look at their bug net, that's it. If your hammock doesn't have a ridge line it wouldn't be too good since the netting would be in his face. So let me know, i can always bring it in case mosquito's are bad.

It'll be a good time and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

Gideon

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Glad to help, consider it a done deal and I won't forget it We probably won't need it for rain but it cuts down the wind too.

CB4 is running point on this so I'll leave it to him to make the list. I planned on PM's him my cell phone number.

You're killing me with the Friday night! I'd love to but by the time I get off work and drive there...well, it won't work so I'll be at the trail head around 9:30 or so. Early is on time, on time is late...

The weather forecast right now looks good; low 80's during the day and cool, perfect sleeping weather at night. Does the hammock your cousin is going to use have a ridge line? If it does, I have a bug net that slips over the whole deal. If you go to the BIAS hammock website and look at their bug net, that's it. If your hammock doesn't have a ridge line it wouldn't be too good since the netting would be in his face. So let me know, i can always bring it in case mosquito's are bad.

It'll be a good time and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

Gideon
    yes it does have a ridgeline and ill let ya know a day or so before the hang if we will need to netting cause im gonna try to finnish the intergrated one that goes on the hammock.
    thanks again
    BT
    BT

Turtle Quilts N Tarps

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Sounds good Turtle; if you need it, I can bring it. It's actually a neat setup.

Enjoy the weekend!

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Well guys, spend some time pulling out the gear. Got a feeling this'll feel like a long week at work! Long range weather is looking good; nice day's, cool sleeping! Enjoy your week!
    Gideon

Hammock
    ENO single--sofar
    Tarp
    JBR 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    1/2 inch foam pad
    Suspension
    ENO Slap Strap
    Images
    Change of plans--Wedding to attend. :-(
    "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children".
    Unknown Haida Indian Saying

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast