Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    WL TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Thanks guys for all the in put. Ive got my order in now. WBBB 1.1 dbl layer with the straps and the Superfly. Im sure after a few tims out Ill see where i want to go with the suspension. Also Ill figure out what Im going to do about a quilt. I'd like to do with out, but we'll see how just a mummy bag does. I do like sleeping cool rather than hot. Im guessing in the next three weeks Ill be doing a test hang some where. Cant wait!

Hammock
    WBRR 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    pads, WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Faussett View Post
    Also Ill figure out what Im going to do about a quilt. I'd like to do with out, but we'll see how just a mummy bag does.Im guessing in the next three weeks Ill be doing a test hang some where.
    Interested to hear about your results/experience without a UQ.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    WL TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Im not sure if this is the best place to ask this but Ive ordered a superfly and was planning to make some suspension for it when it gets here. But would like to have materials ready so any good tips on the cheapest and most effective suspension? Will a whoopie work for the tarp or is it only a set up for the hammock? My plan was to use parachord. The whole hammock thing is still completely new to me so these are probably some real newbie questions.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Faussett View Post
    Im not sure if this is the best place to ask this but Ive ordered a superfly and was planning to make some suspension for it when it gets here. But would like to have materials ready so any good tips on the cheapest and most effective suspension? Will a whoopie work for the tarp or is it only a set up for the hammock? My plan was to use parachord. The whole hammock thing is still completely new to me so these are probably some real newbie questions.
    The most popular cordage for tarp use around here seems to be 1.75mm Zing-It which can be bought from some of the vendors here. Paracord, while a good all around versatile cordage, stretches because it is nylon especially when wet. It will work for tarps but Zing-it does not stretch, is less bulky and is spliceable. Others suggestions I have read that are available in Brick and Mortar stores are Braided mason line, Kite line, Planer Board line.

There are numerous ways to rig a tarp. The two ways to suspend a tarp are through a continuous ridgeline or tying the ends of the tarps to the trees. The continuous ridgeline has two options, either above the tarp or below the tarp. Each has their pros and cons. For the tie outs, the use of prusiks is popular because it allows easy adjustments while holding strong when tensioned. Dutchware makes hardware for tarps or if you like knots you can employ a variety of knots and hitches to keep things taut. There is really way too much to go into in one post but do a search in the weather protection forum using some of the key words in this post and you should find a bunch of info.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    WL TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Sweet. Thats exactly the answer i was looking for. Thanks and i will deffenetly be reading a lot over the next few weeks, on everyhting i can.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12