Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Do I need another Incubator

Some of you out there have more than one. I have two 3/4 UQs (FlameThrower and Winter Yeti). I was tired of having could shoulders from the 3/4 shifting too much.

I have two 0* Incubators coming soon. My question to you that have them, can you vent them and use them in 50* to 70* weather? Or will I need to get a couple of 40* ones for next summer?

I found that venting the Yeti did not work so well. I had cold spots and sweat spots. Anybody else with more experience?

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    My wife does well with her winter incubator into the 50's - 60's. I would probably not do as well because I get a little warm with my 3 season incubator.
    We are now ready to start our way down the Great Unknown.We are three quarters of a mile in the depth of the earth.We have an unknown distance yet to run, an unknow river yet to explore.What falls there are, we know not; what rocks beset the channel, we know not; what walls rise over the river, we know not. Ah, well! We may conjecture many things. The men talk as cheerfully as ever; jests are bandied about freely this morning; but to me the cheer is somber and the jests are ghastly. Powell 1869

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    Some of you out there have more than one. I have two 3/4 UQs (FlameThrower and Winter Yeti). I was tired of having could shoulders from the 3/4 shifting too much.

I have two 0* Incubators coming soon. My question to you that have them, can you vent them and use them in 50* to 70* weather? Or will I need to get a couple of 40* ones for next summer?

I found that venting the Yeti did not work so well. I had cold spots and sweat spots. Anybody else with more experience?
    Greetings Rodwolfy

I would think it would be easier to vent the Flamethrower quilt just by loosening the end drawcords and by hanging it looser. Another thing to try comes from hangnout, he suggests hanging your underquilt inside out and compressing the down to the desired loft/comfort level.

Of course, if you have the budget and an understanding spouse, get 40F Incubators for the summer and be done with it. We will all understand.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I've slept in the 60s with my 0 degree incubator... just set it up a bit loose and vent the ends and you'll be fine.

When I saw the thread title, my original reply was going to be... "Now that's a dumb question." You can never have too much HammockGear gear.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    I've slept in the 60s with my 0 degree incubator... just set it up a bit loose and vent the ends and you'll be fine.

When I saw the thread title, my original reply was going to be... "Now that's a dumb question." You can never have too much HammockGear gear.
    OK, point taken about the dumb question.

But, that's a good idea about putting it on inside out. It would likely compress the down, making it not quite so hot. I might have to try that one...

• + New Posts