Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy so far
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Muletape web/rings
    Sounds good Hobbit, Will be good to see all of you guys again. wonder if we will get to antagonize another mouse with doc's coco again this year? lol. Gonna be a good weekend.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    First off sorry for being cranky. midnight shift week grrrr. Now I still hope we can get some interacting going in the thread, I realize it is not as popular as others. I am anxious to get to the trail got a ACR Rescuelink now per recommendation of RahollE. and got a solar charger for smart phone in case there is signal when a field . All I have left to do is to go grocery shopping for paleo friendly backpacking food. Well hope to here from more of you folks soon thanks

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Well folks i plan on getting to the trailhead around noon on friday the 17th will mark the trail in with the orange reflecting clips for late commers. Not sure how far in yet till I see what fridays plans are pot luck dinner . etc. If at all please let me know your intentions so we can plan we are 10 days away guys. Thank you

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    guide gear hex mod
    Insulation
    down & PE foam
    Suspension
    Slings and Spikes
    Are you guys heading north or south?

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    South to the first water source and do day hikes from there

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Well had a pm if we want to have some venison on a spit for friday night, anyone want to don't like venison don't want the stuff to go to waste.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Big Ol' Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, Mummy TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopish Things
    I'm up for venison!

Far as I know, ain't nothin meat-like what can't be put on a spit and taste like heaven! At least so long as we've got hardwood to cook over and not pine.

I'll go ahead and commit to a big honkin' container of home made salsa, another of Salsa Con Queso, and some tortilla chips. I need a little input on whether this stuff should be Medium, Hot, or Nuclear. Sorry, my wife is from San Antonio, there's no such thing as mild.

The weather forecast seems stuck between two possible scenarios. It seems certain that there is a Grade A butt kicker of a storm system that will be somewhere between the MS River, and Newfoundland Friday and Saturday. It's been in the models for a full week, even 10 days out, which is pretty uncommon as far as the consistency goes. That means it's a safe bet it's going to happen.

The question is timing. If the storm comes through early (Friday morning, according to some models) then we'll be colder, with some minor lake effect and lows in the low 20s or so. This is about 7pm Friday night, in that scenario.

The second scenario seems to be the storm slowing down a bit, and that option kind of sucks. This is for 2pm Saturday, if that happens. Highs near 50, lows around 35. The worry here is the risk of thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening on Saturday, and the general high winds that a big storm like that brings. They could approach 35mph.

This is still 10 days out, so we're right on the edge of where I start to have real confidence in the model output, but it is showing an unusual amount of certainty. We might want to have an "oh crap" plan if we end up with 12 hours of really high winds at some point in the weekend as this storm moves through.

If - if he stood! Enough of ifs!
    He knew a path that wanted walking
    He knew a spring that wanted drinking
    A thought that wanted further thinking.
    A love that wanted re-renewing

"A Lone Striker" Robert Frost

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I'm up for venison!

Far as I know, ain't nothin meat-like what can't be put on a spit and taste like heaven! At least so long as we've got hardwood to cook over and not pine.

I'll go ahead and commit to a big honkin' container of home made salsa, another of Salsa Con Queso, and some tortilla chips. I need a little input on whether this stuff should be Medium, Hot, or Nuclear. Sorry, my wife is from San Antonio, there's no such thing as mild.

The weather forecast seems stuck between two possible scenarios. It seems certain that there is a Grade A butt kicker of a storm system that will be somewhere between the MS River, and Newfoundland Friday and Saturday. It's been in the models for a full week, even 10 days out, which is pretty uncommon as far as the consistency goes. That means it's a safe bet it's going to happen.

The question is timing. If the storm comes through early (Friday morning, according to some models) then we'll be colder, with some minor lake effect and lows in the low 20s or so. This is about 7pm Friday night, in that scenario.

The second scenario seems to be the storm slowing down a bit, and that option kind of sucks. This is for 2pm Saturday, if that happens. Highs near 50, lows around 35. The worry here is the risk of thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening on Saturday, and the general high winds that a big storm like that brings. They could approach 35mph.

This is still 10 days out, so we're right on the edge of where I start to have real confidence in the model output, but it is showing an unusual amount of certainty. We might want to have an "oh crap" plan if we end up with 12 hours of really high winds at some point in the weekend as this storm moves through.
    Geeze, do you work for Noaa? thats a thorough weather report.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Medium on the salsa maybe I can top it on something I can eat lol. Ya I sure hope it's not thunderstorms Will plan on a tarp for putting over the fire area.

Hammock
    Simply Light Design 10' netless
    Tarp
    WiL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE apex quilts
    Suspension
    Muletape
    Anyone vaguely remember the wind we had last year? That was a good time.
    http://www.stc-hike.org/ Susquehannock Trail Club web site - PA STS trail info

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast