WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Even though its a ways out, right now the low for the weekend in utopia which is a few miles away is 34*... Just something to think about if you only have a 40* setup, ccf pads, hot water bottles, hothands, reflectix, all legitimate options for adding a few degrees...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    As much as I wanted to join you guys and meet up with some local hangers, it doesn't look like I'll be able to swing this trip. Keep me in the loop for future hangs, though, and have a great time. Please post lots of pics so I can see what I missed!

Has anybody every done the Goodwater trail around Lake Georgetown? It looks like a pretty cool 26 mile trip on Army Corps property. Something to consider for future hangs...
    Sorry you couldn't join us... Do you have a link to that loop?
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AE Jarbidge, bag
    Suspension
    buckles/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Sorry you couldn't join us... Do you have a link to that loop?
    Check this out: http://www.texashiking.com/Locations...ocationID=1370

I had never heard of it until this past weekend when I was in a bookstore and just happened to thumb through Laurence Parent's "Hiking Texas" guide. The Army Corps of Engineers owns the land surrounding the lake, so it's possible to get in a 26-mile loop around the lake. According to Parent's book, however, you're better off sticking to one side of the lake and doing an out-and-back or shuttle for an 11 mile hike.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Check this out: http://www.texashiking.com/Locations...ocationID=1370

I had never heard of it until this past weekend when I was in a bookstore and just happened to thumb through Laurence Parent's "Hiking Texas" guide. The Army Corps of Engineers owns the land surrounding the lake, so it's possible to get in a 26-mile loop around the lake. According to Parent's book, however, you're better off sticking to one side of the lake and doing an out-and-back or shuttle for an 11 mile hike.

I'm looking for something April or May time... I will have to keep this in mind... That sounds like a lot of interesting trail, sounds like there is enough access to the water for warmer months...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Ok. We are 1 week out. Do we have a head count? Do you have any activities planned for the group brute? Do I need to bring anything extra?
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Ok. We are 1 week out. Do we have a head count? Do you have any activities planned for the group brute? Do I need to bring anything extra?
    Bring Earl..

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Mmmm....Earl I hadn't even thought about that. I'll be sure and pick him up before I head that way. You bringing the comdiments?
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Mmmm....Earl I hadn't even thought about that. I'll be sure and pick him up before I head that way. You bringing the comdiments?
    I will bring the buns and comdiments

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Those that have said they are for sure...
    Brute, spaceweaseal, caveman, Texico, pack daddy, east Tex...

Those that showed interest but haven't said yay or nah... MDSH, Lobatrain, Skyclad...

Those that I have as sharing a site reservation... I need you to email me your real name and a contact number if you wouldn't mind, unless I have it... Spaceweaseal, easttex, caveman...

That leaves two spots definitely open in ny reservation that someone could save their fee on... Pm me your info and a note in this thread if you want it, first come first serve...
    Last edited by Brute1100; 01-05-2013 at 19:40.

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Activities, I ain't a cruise director... Bring a flask, there are no ground fires so we will be staring at each other after dark and probably crash early because of it... Hopefully its clear because star gazing is cool that far away from the city lights... It's a short hike from ponds to any of the other sites...

We will agree on a site to camp at and everyone meet there for Saturday night... I will probably hike as far as I can and use this opportunity for some training since my marathon is sooner than I would like to think about... I figure if you want to hike with the group, we will leave "the ponds" 10-1030 Saturday morning... It's about a 15-20 minute hike in from the parking lot, its double track the whole way, pretty easy walking...

If anyone has any suggestions this is the place and time for them... I got nothing planned...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast