LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Great report, especially loved the little humorous quips in the subtitling.

The stick trick with the pullouts was great, I've never thought of that, but will certainly be borrowing that one.

Thanks
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Had a good and envious time watching the first one....loading part 2.
    What program do you use to edit?
    Is it iMovie? The audio in real time does not seem to match up... seems a but off to me. Or am I nuts? Love the VOs.
    Had that happen before I up-grade my iMovie. If you detach your audio from your clip it will match up.
    Biking and hiking....right good.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Excellent adventure and report! The VOs and subtitles are great. The location is beautiful, too. Thanks for taking us along.

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Quote Originally Posted by ofuros View Post
    Nice one Brucie...enjoyed your rollicking trip report.
    Hi there ofuros,

Well not being the sharpest tool in the shed, I had to look up what you meant by “rollicking.”

Carefree and high-spirited,

or maybe,

boisterously carefree and swaggering

From what I can gather, it’s another way of saying, “happy go luck,” which would be pretty right. I like my walks to be like a magical mystery tour... It’s magic if I manage to find my way to the start of a hike and it’s usually a mystery to me where I go from there. lol Thanks for leaving a comment and thanks for adding a new word to my vocabe, no, vokabry, no that’s not right, vocabu... my talk list.

Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Hey Brucie! Fantastic video buddy! I really enjoyed the scenery and commentary!
    Thanks, HamMike! Good to know you got the silly text comments too, that's two who did!

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBro View Post
    Really like the videos. Always great to see the places where people go camping. Curious as to the type of camera you use for your video? Nice color and saturation. Anyway, thanks again for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowBro View Post
    -Mark
    Good to hear you liked the videos, SlowBro!

What type of camera... I’m glad you asked! It’s a Kodak Zi8:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qPzfjtDmI

It’s a fairly crappy cheap camera that works ok if it is on a tripod. The lightest most compact tripod I could find is the Zipshot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z_aiWAaHTs

The two together are great for hiking. I carry it by poking the tripod between me and the up and down ways strap on my pack. It sits down the bottom at hip level with the camera sticking out the front next to the hip belt pocket (like a sword). Super easy access, which makes filming quick and easy. I also use it to film the shots of me walking, sometimes as a walking stick, and as a clothes line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Great stuff dude! I really liked the views and that stick trick you did with your pullouts was pretty cool too. Looking forward to your next trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post

Fronkey
    Yeah Fronkey, it’s one of those places that is good for the optic nerve. Everything looks close and big. The stick trick is pretty nifty! It can’t always be used, but it’s a good trick to have up the old sleeve. If the cord you have attached to the pullouts isn’t long enough sometimes, and you’ve got a bit of spare cord, you could extend it and use the trick a little more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Great report, especially loved the little humorous quips in the subtitling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post

The stick trick with the pullouts was great, I've never thought of that, but will certainly be borrowing that one.

Thanks
    Hi catavarie, the little humorous quips in the subtitling gave me a bit of a laugh during the editing. I’d think of it, add it, play it and get a bit of a laugh from it. It’s good to know you did too. It’s just a bit of fun! You can borrow the stick trick any time you like! It’s a very solid way to pull out the pullouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Had a good and envious time watching the first one....loading part 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    What program do you use to edit?
    Is it iMovie? The audio in real time does not seem to match up... seems a but off to me. Or am I nuts? Love the VOs.
    Had that happen before I up-grade my iMovie. If you detach your audio from your clip it will match up.
    Biking and hiking....right good.
    Shug
    Well hello Mr Shug!

I thought of you while I was out strolling around. You would of had a great time out there! Lots of props for a person with your skills!

No, I don’t have a Mac , so I don’t think I can use iMovie. I’ve been wondering which editor you use... now I know, I need a Mac.

I see what you mean though! The sound track is a bit all over the place. And it’s not just this video either - or you. I had a look at some of the other videos I’ve made and they do it too, to some degree. I’ve tried quite a few editing programs (there are some crap ones out there) and found problems with all of them. The one I ended up buying is “Power Director 9 Ultra 64.”

It all works really well in the editor (which is why I bought it), but, goes out of wack during the processing and uploading to YouTube. Thank you for the “detach your audio from your clip it will match up” tip. I’ll make a 2 or 3 minute video and do some testing. I haven’t noticed it, because once I upload a video, I just have a quick look to see if it worked, but haven’t ever looked close enough or long enough to notice the out of wack audio. Very disappointing!

So, are we going to see you out doing a unicycle hike? It would be pretty funny to watch, especially if you do it in a touristy place. On the unicycle, pack on, fancy hat, cigar, juggling something strange and singing some opera. A real head turner! lol

Thanks for watching and taking the time to point out the wacky audio, Mr Shug! I’ll get it working right before the next trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Excellent adventure and report! The VOs and subtitles are great. The location is beautiful, too. Thanks for taking us along.
    Hi JayS,

I like that! You just gave me an idea for a video title... “Bruciehi5’s Excellent Adventure.” Although I think Bill and Ted have already made a movie with a name like that. They must have stolen my title idea, that you gave me, before I thought of it. It’s probably better that that doesn't make sense. Good, you got the gist of the silly subtitles too. Thanks for having a watch, JayS.
    Bruciehi5 Videos
    15 Trip Reports
    2 DIYs

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    HG4seasonCFw/doors
    Insulation
    Hammock gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Great video. Really enjoyed the views, the tips, the written commentary. Keep up the great work!
    Jose Diaz

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    One of the best videos I have watched! It had it all, beautiful scenery, babbling brook, rain, sunshine, and best of all, fabulous commentary delivered humorously but with some neat camping tips!
    I felt like I was out there hiking with you. You would be a fun hiking partner! Your enthusiasm is contagious.

My favorite hikes are ones that follow creeks. The rock hopping takes the monotony out of trudging and I love the sound of the water.

I've subscribed to your YouTube and I hope to see many more enjoyable videos in the future!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I hunkered down and had a good time watching part 2. I also like an Edge sized tarp.
    Look forward to your next adventure.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY-Darian UL-like
    Tarp
    z-Packs cuben
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post

Good to hear you liked the videos, SlowBro!

What type of camera... I’m glad you asked! It’s a Kodak Zi8:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7qPzfjtDmI

It’s a fairly crappy cheap camera that works ok if it is on a tripod. The lightest most compact tripod I could find is the Zipshot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z_aiWAaHTs

The two together are great for hiking. I carry it by poking the tripod between me and the up and down ways strap on my pack. It sits down the bottom at hip level with the camera sticking out the front next to the hip belt pocket (like a sword). Super easy access, which makes filming quick and easy. I also use it to film the shots of me walking, sometimes as a walking stick, and as a clothes line.

Hmmmmmm, Maybe I liked the quality of the videos, because I use the Kodak Zi8 also And you are right, without a tripod it tends to get a little wavy (rolling shutter is the technical term for it, I think). I know this is off topic, but how do you like the Zipshot? I've been checking them out on the internet. Any big problems with it?
    Well, Thanks again for sharing your adventure.
    Happy Trails,
    -Mark
    -SlowBro
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."-Theodore Roosevelt

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    Bruciehi5, really enjoyed the trip, the video, the humor, and the subtitles. Reminded me of Monty Python in a way. Not so sure that 'Whoo Buddy' translates all that well into Aussie--there must be another phrase for that! Thanks for taking us along. Looking forward to more adventures in the future.

Images
    Excellent trip report. Thanks so much for sharing it. Looking forward to your next TR.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast