Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'

gain weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Personally, I have three sets of Whoopie Slings I bought here on the sight, but I have gone back to the strapping. There just wasn't that much weight savings when you have to carry Tree Huggers too, AND not a simple either.
    if your using strapping, then your carrying hugger material anyway. How are your whoppie slings not any lighter. Mine saved me about 5 oz on my BB. I tried several huggers though, and chose one that was on average 4-5g lighter a foot than regular webbing though.

The biggest savings to me was not weight but bulk!

The tree straps are each to store when not in use. i tend to just put mine through the loops on my pants like a belt.

What I ended up with. Keep in mind most of these parts are just for proofing purposes and not the final product.

At the hammock end I went descender rings larks headed through the channel. I doubled up the rope as is Sterling (?) and not on a par with Amsteel. I figure doubled up adequately addressed the weight capacity issue and also alleviated any concerns about wear and tear to the channel due to running small diameter rope through it. If this system ends up being the final design I will switch to Amsteel and probably still double it up in this fashion just to be on the safe side.

What it looks like run through the channel.

I was quite pleased with myself for inventing this ad on stuff sack modification. Pleased until I got to looking around on here and finding no less than a gazillion others who got there before me. Just goes to show you, you are NEVER the inventor of something. Someplace, somewhere in the universe, there is SOMEone who got there before you.

For the tree end I picked up some ENO slap traps from the local Gander Mountain. I used them a bit backwards in that the multiple loop portion I wrapped around the tree, with the idea I could use those loops to hang stuff from. That may or may not work out. Maybe someone has got there first as well and can speak up. I attached by slipping the tag through the loop and then running it down to the descenders, but I don't think I'll stick with this setup. I'll probably use caribiners. That way I can leave the straps run through the descenders and make the tree attachment simpler. This way I can pull one end out of the sack, attach to a tree, feed out the hammock as I move to the other tree and attach, and never let the hammock hit the ground.

This definitely won't be the lightest, nor the least bulky, but I figure it will be about the simplest to deal with, with the fewest hookups needing to be made. As always I'm always willing to listen to other ideas.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Looks good and as long as it works for you, then you did it right.

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    looks like that setup will work fine

Quote Originally Posted by tgreening View Post
    [
    I was quite pleased with myself for inventing this ad on stuff sack modification. Pleased until I got to looking around on here and finding no less than a gazillion others who got there before me. Just goes to show you, you are NEVER the inventor of something. Someplace, somewhere in the universe, there is SOMEone who got there before you.
    this paragraph made me laugh as i went through the same thing here.there is a clever group here.must research carefully before patting oneself on the back publicly.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12