Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Head out at midnight Thursday and I'll cook you breakfast when you get there (think SPAM). The you can nap all day long while I scout the trail.
    SPAM glorious SPAM (sung in a poor Oliver Twist rendition)! I can't think of a more glorious outdoor cuisine ... that might just seal the deal there hombre! *laugh* Gonna submit the Time Off request in the morning and we'll see what happens!
    "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed." -- Christopher McCandless (Into the Wild)

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Well, I'll toss in some MRE wheat bread, oatmeal, and some fancy coffee, too.

You do the dishes.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    I was out there this last weekend and pretty much all the blue trails were closed due to flooding. At the very least, Bayou Trail and Sawmill Trail were closed, I don't remember if Riverview was specifically or not. Granted, it had rained on Saturday morning and we got there Sunday morning, so it was still pretty fresh. However, even some of the trails that were open, such as the NW part of the Hale Lake loop, were still halfway under water, so I'm guessing the flooding was pretty severe to have closed the blue ones down.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4504_0110w.pdf

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
    I was out there this last weekend and pretty much all the blue trails were closed due to flooding. At the very least, Bayou Trail and Sawmill Trail were closed, I don't remember if Riverview was specifically or not. Granted, it had rained on Saturday morning and we got there Sunday morning, so it was still pretty fresh. However, even some of the trails that were open, such as the NW part of the Hale Lake loop, were still halfway under water, so I'm guessing the flooding was pretty severe to have closed the blue ones down.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...4504_0110w.pdf
    The plan is to take the White Oak Trail from its intersection with the Red Buckeye to where it meets Riverview, and thence to the campground. That trail goes along the high side of the river. If the water in the Brazos gets that high, hiking is going to be the least of our problems.

We did get quite a frogchoker Friday and Saturday. The rain guage at Significant Other's house in Richmond read 3 5/8" on Sunday morning. I think we'll be OK as long as we don't have a repeat performance on the 22nd. I will make a post from the campsite on Thursday evening to report trail and campsite conditions.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB BigMamaJamba
    Insulation
    Kick ass quilt:JBR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE MSH
    Well I have spring break off and no plans so count me in I shal also arrive thursday just to get as much time in the woods *** possible
    Ty

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    The plan is to take the White Oak Trail from its intersection with the Red Buckeye to where it meets Riverview, and thence to the campground. That trail goes along the high side of the river. If the water in the Brazos gets that high, hiking is going to be the least of our problems.

We did get quite a frogchoker Friday and Saturday. The rain guage at Significant Other's house in Richmond read 3 5/8" on Sunday morning. I think we'll be OK as long as we don't have a repeat performance on the 22nd. I will make a post from the campsite on Thursday evening to report trail and campsite conditions.
    I don't think the problem was the height of the river, I think it was standing water on the trails. But I may be wrong, you sound like you know that area much better than me, as I've only been out there for 1.5 days

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntoneTY View Post
    Well I have spring break off and no plans so count me in I shal also arrive thursday just to get as much time in the woods *** possible
    Well I got Friday off, so I might be dragging in late Thursday night/Early Friday morning. Looking forward to it. Quick question, I don't yet have a bug net in my arsenal; should I get one beforehand? With the rains and all and the temps rising are the mosquitos already coming back out?
    "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed." -- Christopher McCandless (Into the Wild)

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cashkeith View Post
    Quick question, I don't yet have a bug net in my arsenal; should I get one beforehand? With the rains and all and the temps rising are the mosquitos already coming back out?
    My bet is they will be flying and hungry. We're already seeing them here in College Station and we are north a fair piece from where we'll be hanging.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    My bet is they will be flying and hungry. We're already seeing them here in College Station and we are north a fair piece from where we'll be hanging.
    Gonna be hiking with some buddies the week before at Colorado Bend SP, so I guess I'll go ahead and get one. Had been planning on the ENO Guardian BugNet (been happy with the rest of my ENO stuff so far), but curious if you would recommend another one that would work good with my ENO DN hammock? I do have a ASR that I got from whoopieslings that I was thinking might serve as the RL for the net and not have to use additional suspension on the bug net. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    I agree. The terrain around here is lots different frojm Uvalde, fer shure---even different from College Station. Much of the park could almost be classified as tropical jungle swamp, especially at this time of the year.

There's a reason why the pioneers headed inland as soon as they could----

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast