Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Keeping my blackbird as well. I would have to agree that since there are not that many out there and most of them seem to be bought by people on here that are paticular about their hammocks, you won't have much luck in a trade.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    I got someone to buy my BMB. I didn't like my MC Deluxe either.

There will surely be at least ONE person that doesn't like their Warbonnet. I hope.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Hennessey hex
    Insulation
    RW quilt, GG pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings.
    Images
    Believe it or not, one person has tried my Blackbird and did not like it. She likes her Clark better.
    Art
    ---------------
    "Strength is life; weakness is death."
    ---Swami Vivekananda

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    My Blackbird ain't going nowhere.
    Ditto. For now keeping the HH ULBP as a guest/loaner use hammock. If I have any $s left after tax season and can convince Brandon to build me a Blackbird with some custom materials the ULBP will be for sale.
    Noel V.

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Okay, I'm giving up. I've accepted the fact that no Warbonnet owner in their right mind would be interested in a HH UL BP, unless I gave them enough boot to get another one in some other color or something.

The economy is rough though, so if anyone is TOTALLY desperate for some quick cash, AFTER you've already liquidated all of your other hammocks, please contact me first.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    This was a funny thread! No way I'm letting go of any of my Warbonnet hammocks; they become collector items after about a year when he makes it even better. I might donate them to a little dream I have called Hooch's Hammock Hostel, but even then I'd still get to look at them behind the glass cases.

Are you still trying to unload the HH? If so, what would you take for it (other than a BB)? You should post the price, I bet a recent hammock convert would pick it up. Genuine Draft's son is beginning to see the value of hammocks and the HHs are traditionally one of the first hammocks a person gets. He might be interested.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    I don't think the hammock would fly on eBay. Nothing is stock anymore, except the snakeskins. I don't have the stuff sack, tree straps, fly, and some of the stitching on the zipper mod will need a slight repair. Most of this hammock-related stuff doesn't do very well on eBay, unless it's stock Hennessy.
    Coldspring --

Chance09 on Whiteblaze may be interested in your modified HH. I tried to talk him into a Blackbird but he says he wants a HH with zippers. He'll want to know the weight of your setup. Mention that when you PM him.

He's a poor college student so he may not have cash right now. Also, he told me he'll be working at REI next month where he says he can get the HH discounted, so he'll be comparing your price to what he can get the HH for at REI and then adding in the zipper mod #2 cost.

Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    ....may be interested in your modified HH.
    I'll contact him. My moods on getting rid of gear or holding onto it change from day to day.

You know, there is nothing really wrong with a good Hennessy ULBP modified with zippers. I find it quite comfortable, solid, convenient, light, etc... What more do I really need? I think people just despise Hennessy because they have made it big. Once, the other little guys get large enough to be able to have their stuff made in China, everyone will turn on them to. Okay, beat my up now, Hennessy haters.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    I'll contact him. My moods on getting rid of gear or holding onto it change from day to day.

You know, there is nothing really wrong with a good Hennessy ULBP modified with zippers. I find it quite comfortable, solid, convenient, light, etc... What more do I really need? I think people just despise Hennessy because they have made it big. Once, the other little guys get large enough to be able to have their stuff made in China, everyone will turn on them to. Okay, beat my up now, Hennessy haters.
    You are spot on - nothing wrong with a hammock you are comfortable with and that is comfortable to you. It's why I haven't sold my Clark yet. And people do just despise the guys who make it big and end up saving money by having their products made overseas where you can pay someone $2 a day instead of $40/hour. Unfortunately, business is for making money.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I still have one and like it just fine. I like my BB better, but the HH certainly has it's uses. I wasn't implying that it was a bad hammock when I said it is generally what many people start with, it's just that when people start thinking about hammocks it's the Hennessy line that they hear about.

Tom makes a good hammock, especially if you do a zipper mod. I wouldn't suggest it for my girl's son if I didn't think it was a quality piece of gear.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12