WBXLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    Shamu, CrowsNest
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Always watch the left hand.... Thanks for your kind words Bubbyman, but I've got a long, long way to go video-wise. Shug's my inspiration, though, so I have something to shoot for (bad pun).
    Solvitur Ambulando - Diogenes

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    I think you did a mighty FINE job, edbeteze!! Loved seeing all the rigs and hearing your report/perspective. Hope you will honor us with more videos in the future.

Good job!!

Hammock
    WBXLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    Shamu, CrowsNest
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks creativeKayt--this was my first try at a video trip report--still trying to get the hang (oops) of it all.
    Solvitur Ambulando - Diogenes

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Looks like a wonderful time had by a great bunch of people. Thanks for the video edbeteze, it is great seeing faces to go with the folks I already feel like i know from the forums. As i stated during the planning, the dates conflicted with the Colo. Saddle Makers Winter Clinic so that didn't work. Then just to make sure, the fates decreed that I report for jury duty on the 4th of January connected with a grisly murder trial . We finally ended with a hung jury (11 to 1 for a conviction) and a mistrial this past Wednesday, the 9th of Feb. Nearly 6 weeks wasted, and the Colo. taxpayers get to pay for the entire thing again. Pretty frustrating. I thought about just getting out by myself on the weekends, but we have been having a seige of cold here that is a little more than I care to tackle at this stage of my experience...20's and 30' below at night with one night making it to -40, and just barely "warming" up to barely above 0 in the day (yes that's Farenheit for all the Celsius folks). It's finally starting to moderate a little now though, so maybe I can make it happen soon. One of these days I'm going to get to make one of these hangs!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    Looks like a wonderful time had by a great bunch of people. Thanks for the video edbeteze, it is great seeing faces to go with the folks I already feel like i know from the forums. As i stated during the planning, the dates conflicted with the Colo. Saddle Makers Winter Clinic so that didn't work. Then just to make sure, the fates decreed that I report for jury duty on the 4th of January connected with a grisly murder trial . We finally ended with a hung jury (11 to 1 for a conviction) and a mistrial this past Wednesday, the 9th of Feb. Nearly 6 weeks wasted, and the Colo. taxpayers get to pay for the entire thing again. Pretty frustrating. I thought about just getting out by myself on the weekends, but we have been having a seige of cold here that is a little more than I care to tackle at this stage of my experience...20's and 30' below at night with one night making it to -40, and just barely "warming" up to barely above 0 in the day (yes that's Farenheit for all the Celsius folks). It's finally starting to moderate a little now though, so maybe I can make it happen soon. One of these days I'm going to get to make one of these hangs!!!
    waddy, there's another Colorado Hang in the planning stage.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=27651

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Wow, thanks Outandback, I had completely missed this one. I posted to it. Thanks again.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    According to this morning's 8am press briefing, the Waldo Canyon fire has reached 15,000+ acres, and the map showed it covered the entire southwest bank of Rampart Reservoir...which is where we held this hangout. The map wasn't detailed enough to show our campsites, but it looks like they may no longer be there.

Glad we got good pics while we had the chance!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    This is really sad to hear - I liked that campground a lot and wouldn't have minded going back. I'm guessing there aren't many trees left there

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll have a look when they reopen the roads. There may still be some trees on the north side, so I wonder if they'll create a campground over there to replace them. I imagine there will be less tourism with a big burn scar between the reservoir and the Pikes Peak view.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234