Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250,Original Hennessy,WBBB
    Tarp
    HammockGear Cuben
    Images

Pay It Forward forum

IMHO, you should remove, or at least lower, the 50 posts requirement for the Pay It Forward forum. I'm pretty new here, and I do more reading than posting, at least until I learn a little more. This post makes it 12 that I've made.... it's going to take me FOREVER to get to 50!
    I did have some equipment that I would have gladly given away in the PIF forum, but since I couldn't get to it, I donated it someone else who may or may not use it (trying to convert them to hammocks, but not sure it's working!). Had I been able to post it here, I'm sure I would have quickly found someone that would have put it to good use.
    Just my two cents. Feel free to cheerfully ignore me. :-)

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    you also have to understand that alot of people have taken advantage of the PIF forum and thats why its been cleaned up and given rules. because if there wasnt a post requirement then anyone could come in and just claim anything and never post back. and thats not fair for the other guys who are needing something and actually doing whats right with it.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    the rules are there for a reason .... if you ask me i like the 50 post rule
    before they cleaned up the PIF it was all over the place
    it's not hard to hit 50 post you could do it in a few days
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH61 View Post
    I'm pretty new here, and I do more reading than posting, at least until I learn a little more.
    We appreciate your point of view. However, consider this -

You may have spent a lot of time reading and lurking, and be familiar with the people who post here. But because you haven't posted much....we're not as familiar with you. So the minimum post count is all about letting the members get to know you through your posts before participating in PIFs.

We had some problems with folks signing up just to claim PIFs, so setting a required post count was the most reasonable solution. The rule isn't directed at anyone in particular. But as a forum wide rule it keeps things running more smoothly.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    everyone is right ive been working on my posts for a month or so and in doing so got to know a bunch of people and throught my post everyone has got to know me. now as soon as i hit 50 posts i set up a pif with some extra cooking pots i had but because people has got to know me alittle they will feel better giving me their info "address and such" and i will feel better giving my info to them so just do your dues and get to know all the fine people here and learn alot in the process so when its time for you to use the pif form everyone is more comphy with the transactions." in fact if i set up the rules i would make a time limmit to be able to use it too like 2 months or something so someone couldnt just come in and write hello 50 times and then take stuff and leave"
    anyway glad to have you with us and hope to hear more from you

thanks

BT

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    i appreciate the 50 post limit, either way you look at it. sites like this run and thrive on contributions. without which i will have never have made a DIY underquilt or have figured out half of the stuff i have without people both asking and answering things.

and after you hit 50 and are more active here, youll come to appreciate that limit too.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Half-Wit/Dangerbird, Darien..
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Woopie Sling

Talking Two More

Alright I only need two more then I can play PIF. Can't wait
    I have a few things to PIF......

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL, DIY 12'
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge River
    Suspension
    JRB Tri-Glides
    Definitely never noticed the PIF. Ya learn new things every day. Well almost to 50!!.
    If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse. Proverbs 27:14

Images
    50 posts are not that hard to get and I too think it is a fair requirement. I am an active participant in the PIF and I see the need for such a rule. With that said, hurry up and get your 50 posts, the PIF is a great way to recycle your unwanted gear and maybe pick up something that you have been wanting.

NWGA, the Rome/Floyd county area. Johns Mt. Wilderness area is an old stomping ground.
    Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth, gathered end 12x5
    Tarp
    DIY silnyl 10x12
    Insulation
    depends...
    Suspension
    MULETAPE!!!
    It's actually fun and you might make some friends. You'll necessarily be reading about other folks adventures in hammocking, gear making and the myriad other things that get discussed here. SO, you'll learn lots while getting to know folks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast