WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    How far from Sturgis is this hang site????? From my door to the Buffalo Chip is 1547 miles and I have been itching to go back. I wanted to hang the entire way to Sturgis, when I went last year, but the others in my group did not like the idea so I stayed with them in the Toyhauler RV, comfortable but bummed.
    going from sturgis to sheridan lake via hwy 14a to deadwood and down hwy 385 will be about 50 miles and going down i-90 and thru rapid city, across on hwy 16 and up 385 will be about 55 miles, the first way is the most scenic the other it pry quicker even tho it's a bit longer

riding in the hills is much more enjoyable when the rally "isn't" going on and alot safer too.......although it is nice to have your buddys around to ride with

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    added a spreadsheet to the op

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ydjZWTXc#gid=0

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Boothill, I really envy you living out there. Only been out to the hills 3 times this yr. Just can't get enough of it. August is out, gotta work, but I take the whole month of July off. If you're open during the 4th of July time frame, how about hanging on the edge of Spearfish Canyon? I've been up there many times, off Iron Creek and follow the ATV tracks right to the edge. As for using a campground? Nah, Dispersed camping is free, and no idiots to bother with. No campfires allowed out in the boonies does take the edge off, tho. I have a vision of standing on the edge of the cliff after dark twirling chem-light sticks for the viewing pleasure of the cars 1,000 feet below. Let 'em think there's a bleepin UFO invasion!! Can't wait to get back out there. It's only a 12 hr. drive, not that far!

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Boot:
    The ride into Deadwood from Sturgis is very scenic and beautiful in deed. While I was there we went to Deadwood from Sturgis, I made it to the bottom of the hill before you get to Deadwood and had my bike over heat from the traffic jam of bikers. If it wasn't for that little furniture store and the vending machines I would have had a real bad day that day. Thank you for the info.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by ice man View Post
    If you're open during the 4th of July time frame, how about hanging on the edge of Spearfish Canyon?
    just give me a shout when it gets close, i'm sure i'll pry be around and up for a hang, spearfish canyon is my backdoor

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Boot:
    The ride into Deadwood from Sturgis is very scenic and beautiful in deed. While I was there we went to Deadwood from Sturgis, I made it to the bottom of the hill before you get to Deadwood and had my bike over heat from the traffic jam of bikers. If it wasn't for that little furniture store and the vending machines I would have had a real bad day that day. Thank you for the info.
    don't know if you've ever ridden from deadwood down 85 towards sheridan lake and the hill city area, that is a beautiful drive

that's one bad thing about the rally, there is a "bit" of traffic

boot

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I love the Black Hills, so as of now I am in!
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am going to see if any other Minnesotans want to head on over there for this hang. Being a 10 hour drive, I will get pretty bored making the trip alone.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    I love the Black Hills, so as of now I am in!
    awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I am going to see if any other Minnesotans want to head on over there for this hang. Being a 10 hour drive, I will get pretty bored making the trip alone.

Fronkey
    be great to have a contingent from our neighbors to the east be able to make it, how could you possibly get bored driving across "scenic" eastern south dakota

boot

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 and XLC
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    DD UQ, Incubator 0
    Suspension
    wb webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    awesome!

be great to have a contingent from our neighbors to the east be able to make it, how could you possibly get bored driving across "scenic" eastern south dakota

boot

The Drive from MN is 8-10hrs. I can make it from Spearfish SD to Ely MN in 11hrs..with that said it would be great to get others from MN and Wis out this way! But a carpool is the way to go for the drive, the amazing view of eastern SD is enough to put anyone to sleep!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Beautiful site and plenty of time for planning. It would be fun to get over and meet some folks.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast