I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whooooo Buddy.....looks like a Festival for sure.
    Glad ya'll had a big time.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I also want to give a big THANK YOU to all of the planners/organizers, chefs (the did way too good of a job to just be called "cooks"), class/course leaders, and all the other hangers that were extremely welcoming and friendly!!! This weekend was one of the best that I've had in a long time. I learned (that I want a wbbb), and ate, a lot as well as made some new friends.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd Annual Sherpa Hang in Lake Whales! To the LWRSF organizers, let me know what I can do to help out!

Hammock
    Blackbird Double Layer 1.0
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3 Season Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Congratulations to all the organizers and hanger of FH3!! What great pictures and videos!! Special kudos to Flackfizer, Islander, Gumbo, Timberr, Richtor, Samsara, Olddog, and Black Wolf, and all the DO chefs for what, I am sure, was a culinary treat. Those smoked meats and birds looked terrific!! I am real sorry I had to miss this year. But more important than the grub, was missing all the friends who I enjoyed getting away to the "wilds" of Ocala NF. It is only 360 days until FH4!! Thanks to everyone for all the photos and videos.

edhess

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Only been back a few hours and you put me right back in there. I wish I had one more night there. Great job with the picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaussinator View Post
    Wow, looks like a well-planned event with some SERIOUS EATS!!! Love the "puppy corral", but I'll bet their noses were driving them crazy with all that food cooking.

Great pics & vids - Thanks!

-Klauss
    This event gets better every year. It's always on MLK weedend and you should make plans to come down. You won't be disappointed.
    Gumbo has the official count, but, I will let her give the info

edit: sorry, just saw that she did.
    Last edited by Floridahanger; 01-21-2013 at 19:30.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    What a weekend! Great to met old friends again and add some new ones. Running on empty now and about ready to slow down. Not used to getting out of the hammock at the Sandhill Crane alarm clock but didn't want to miss anything. Thanks to all those working to make the 3rd Florida Hang what it is. Besides all those already mentioned, I would like to also Thank our KP crew, FLG, FLB & SpecialK. You guys were priceless. More after some recuperation time in the hammock.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    http://camphammocks.com
    Tarp
    Peaked Fly
    Insulation
    PAK-IT-LITE System
    Suspension
    Toggled Suspension
    Images
    Hey Guys,

Had a great time with a bunch of great folks! Thanks again for inviting me. I will be posting the vids I took on the Alexander Springs paddle. Got a few photos as well. But first, I just rolled back into ATL and need to hug my wife!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    What a awesome hang and time you people had..looks like a great get together and lots of nice memories made. Way to go to everybody in making that hang a great success!
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    What can I say? The 3rd Annual Florida Hang was "over the top!" Unlike the first two annual hangs when temps dipped into the 20's, the weather was mild ranging from 40's to 70's. but I digress.

FOOD!!! There's no way I could remember all the food I ate and who cooked it, especially after eating at least a pound of sugar via countless cobblers. I never saw Gumbo or Richtorfla come out of the "kitchen" canopy. Gumbo produced a string of hits including her famous sausage-chicken gumbo and heavenly praline bread pudding. Richtorfla whipped up so many Dutch oven delights that he had a cleaning crew following him! His chocolate cherry cheesecake and upside down pineapple cake flooded my brain with endorphins! Blackwolf smoked pork all day and made his corn & bacon soup, both if which were indescribably delicious! Olddog added cobblers and there were dozens of culinary other contributors. Oh, and mountain man breakfasts! Every morning at least 3 Dutch ovens full of them plus Gumbo's Dutch oven biscuits with sausage gravy! And I won't even try to describe Richtorfla's method of "roasting" a 22 lb. turkey but pay attention when someone posts picture & videos of THAT one!! I'll just say it was the juiciest turkey I've ever eaten!

Activities! Kayaking, hiking, stove making, knife sharpening, map & compass skills, paracord bracelet making, corn hole tournament, eating (oh, I covered that one already). I'm sure there were more that I completely missed! Thank you to Islander and Lil' Ricky for dropping off a dozen hikers 7 miles from camp so we could walk off at least one Dutch oven's worth of calories.

Speaking of Islander and Lilricky, thank you Islander for once again coming up with amazing embroidered patches commemorating the hang. And thank you to Lilricky for tirelessly putting together another stupendous raffle including items from within our own hangers, from generous HF vendors and even from Sawyer and REI! Yes, the Florida Hangers are on the radar of the big boys! And thank you Timberrr, you were everywhere, involved in everything, our coach, our general manager!

And I have to slip in a special thanks to my wife, who is not a camper, for coming along to see what the hoopla is all about! Thank you Sweetie-pie! Here's a picture for you...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DD frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3mx3m
    Insulation
    PLUQ & PLOQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post

And I have to slip in a special thanks to my wife, who is not a camper, for coming along to see what the hoopla is all about! Thank you Sweetie-pie! Here's a picture for you...
    She wasn't a camper????

Her and I talked for a while by the fire and I never even guessed it

photo credit to me

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG down/DIY
    Suspension
    Various
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    For not being a camper, she sure was a trooper. Tell her we were glad she came and enjoyed meeting her.
    RON

A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at? ~ Ronald Reagan

Visit my Youtube channel- Florida Wild

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast