WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Anybody with the RR using a cuben tarp?? I can see no issues using anyother tarp,,but the cuben material is the iffy on abuse.. Only reason I haven't tried the RR is because of the 39.5 bar width vs the ends contacting the cuben material and being able to get my 12' long cuben tarps strung with the sides vertical enough for decient wind coverage.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Anybody with the RR using a cuben tarp?? I can see no issues using anyother tarp,,but the cuben material is the iffy on abuse.. Only reason I haven't tried the RR is because of the 39.5 bar width vs the ends contacting the cuben material and being able to get my 12' long cuben tarps strung with the sides vertical enough for decient wind coverage.
    Wasn't it a cuben tarp that the guy polked a hole in it with his BMBH 31" bars? It was not a sil tarp, I know that. Who was that?

Without pull outs or a high wide pitch, I had plenty of bar contact with my JRB 11X10 tarp. But, though it made me nervous, I never got any damage, that same tarp is still good and water resistant/proof. I'm thinking maybe the sil has a little give to it?

Hammock
    Wife Made
    Tarp
    Wife Made
    Insulation
    Wife Made
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I plan on driving over to hammock gear and having custom tie outs put in the same location as on the cloud burst when i but a cuben tarp next year. Has any one tried staking the rr down to prevent that lateral movt?
    Travel Journal: http://clackstont100.weebly.com/

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Here are some pics I posted a while back showing my Big Daddy 144" by 115" tarp hung over my RR at different pitches. I have quite a few nights using this set up and have never had a problem with the poles touching the tarp. In fact. my plan is to order the same size in cuben before Spring arrives. BTW...I have side tie-outs but have never had to use them.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...241#post821241

Miguel

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Been using my Ridgerunner under my Superfly with absolutely no issues, it works great. I'm actually baffled as to how someone could rub the hammock against the tarp enough to wear on it, especially with the tie outs employed.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB Mw3/ HG Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR's / Dutchware
    I have had some contact with spreader bars and my bmbh and Jrb 11 x 10 tarp when pitching it tighter. I guess I never woried about it much. It seems like it would take a lot to damage the sil nylon especially with the rounded edges of the spreader bars.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    [QUOTE=BillyBob58;866331]Wasn't it a cuben tarp that the guy polked a hole in it with his BMBH 31" bars? It was not a sil tarp, I know that. Who was that?

It was me,,scraping the sides of the cuben HG 12 winter cuben tarp about 3 inches of misqule itty bity holes from the end of the spreader bar rubbing the cuben tarp,,patched it with cuben stick on that you can buy off Joe of Zpacks, and then made some ethafoam blocks to put over the ends of the spreader bars to protect the tarp which work great. Its the reason I asked if anybody was using cuben tarps with their RR's as its 40 inches wide at the head end of the hammock.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CB200T View Post
    I plan on driving over to hammock gear and having custom tie outs put in the same location as on the cloud burst when i but a cuben tarp next year. Has any one tried staking the rr down to prevent that lateral movt?
    I sent my cuben tarp back to Adam and he put additional tie outs on my cuben tarp to fit the BMHB UL and did a super job of matching where I wanted them...Awesome work with cuben,,but you just have to be alittle careful with the cuben as it won't take alot of abrasion or pokes when it stretched taunt on the sides.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx,Mamba,Woobie
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    The Superfly works great with the RR. I have not had any issues with the bars rubbing the tarp and I don't use the side pullouts... I did have the Cloud burst and it was perfect for the RR but because of the straight sides it would not fit in the location in my backyard where I set up my hammocks so I returned it for the SD...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Been using my Ridgerunner under my Superfly with absolutely no issues, it works great...
    So can the SuperFly doors be closed with the WBRR? and Spaceweaseal what's wrong with the straight side of the CloudBurst?

The RR's head bar is touching the Maccat deluxe side and it can't be pitch low and close

With the sale going on I really want a camo SF or CB, seem like the SF is more versatile(w/door) but the CB fit the RR better. What I want is a SF with sidepull like the CB.

Life used to be simple with WBBB/tarp/UQ. Now its decisions and choices

Life is GOOD
    .................................................. .................................................. ........

"Your life starts at Point A and ends at Point B. Kick maximum ***!....." Ted Nugent (before he gone bats**t crazy)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyBunny View Post
    So can the SuperFly doors be closed with the WBRR? and Spaceweaseal what's wrong with the straight side of the CloudBurst?
    Just took some photos today and posted them in THIS thread. Tried to show how the doors work with the Ridgerunner.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast