Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images

Talking 3 nights witha' Hobo

That would the TexSport Hobo ll ... I picked up for $16.99 ... to "try out" life from an " Elevated Perspective " ... First, I want to say Thanks to all those that contribute their Time, Knowledge & Experience here at HF ...

My first night was the coldest (temp. wise) ... I stayed warm, as I tried out different configurations, I wasn't uncomfortable ... but... not comfy either...I couldn't " get flat" ...

My second night after hitting HF & tweaking the 'ole Hobo, I was able to get it to lay as flat as it was/is capable, as well as 10*F warmer, I was comfy and slept just fine.

My third night with further tweaking and another 10*F warmer, the night was blissful, and the decision was made ... a hammock will find it's place into my backpack.

Fourth night ... will be in the Clark Ultralight I just picked up for $100.00 locally ...

Overall the Hobo served it's purpose ... I learned I could stay warm above ground and I could get comfortable, the Hobo is to short to get a true lay flat position ... I greatly increased my understanding of the basics of hammocking

Again I Thank Hammock Forum, for without this resource, I wouldn't have been able to work out the bugs in my trial run, and would have abandoned the idea on night one. You have Elevated My Perspective !!

Last edited by Black Wolf; 01-20-2011 at 11:38. Reason: #2 image link didn't load

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Good post but I found the title to be misleading!
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Widerstand View Post
    Good post but I found the title to be misleading!
    Just my off-beat humor ... did you think you might see an old friend ?? ... I subscribed to your YT page ... I've hopped a few trains in my day...

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Most excellent! It's amazing what a little tweaking here and there can do!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Fun playing with the gear I am hanging again tonight got some pointers on my new winter incubator to try to tame the cbs Great work my friend.

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creativeKayt View Post
    Most excellent! It's amazing what a little tweaking here and there can do! ... True..but I do that with everything .. loved your the Images on your website too !!
    Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    Fun playing with the gear I am hanging again tonight got some pointers on my new winter incubator to try to tame the cbs Great work my friend.
    Good Luck !! let us know how it works out for you...

Here's a few pics of my Clark...got some tweaking to do to this...but no complaints with the Clark as of yet...

Last edited by Black Wolf; 01-20-2011 at 19:32. Reason: 1st image link did not load

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Just my off-beat humor ... did you think you might see an old friend ?? ... I subscribed to your YT page ... I've hopped a few trains in my day...

I went to tech school with a Hobo. Lots of stories. When he hit 50 he decided to get a job and stay in one place. Graduated, but that's the last I knew of him. Don't remember him ever giving his name though.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Hey Black Wolf, Where did you get your clark? I live in T-ville. I haven't found many places that even deal with hammocks much less camping hammocks! Looks like a nice place on the water, private or public?

Tbull

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbull55 View Post
    Hey Black Wolf, Where did you get your clark? I live in T-ville. I haven't found many places that even deal with hammocks much less camping hammocks! Looks like a nice place on the water, private or public?

Tbull
    I got it off CraigsList..they were asking $200.00...shot 'em e-mail with a $100.00 offer...now it's mine...

I know there's not much..hell there;s nothing around here for this type of gear...the best I've found is Travel Country in O-town...http://www.travelcountry.com/

the place I had my hammock hanging is an old fishing spot...I grew up on the "Island" so I know tons of places...some you gotta sneak into...some you gotta' wade the flats to get to...some you gotta swim to..and some just aren't there anymore...

lot's of good places up in your neck of the woods as well...I'm planning a beach excursion north of PlayLinda...

• + New Posts