Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatjesse View Post
    Hey! Maybe I'll meet some of ya'll on the trail! My buddy and I will be hiking the WRT on the 15th & 16th. We are shuttling from Pine Creek to the southern terminus on the 15th, planning on doing 20 miles on day 1 and finishing early on day 2. This will be my friend's first night in a hammock! (he creeps the forum, but hasn't joined.) Look for two skinny twenty-somethings carrying Osprey packs!
    Our itenerary for those dates: Frid 15 July - Follow Pine Creek Trail to Blackwell, the road over creek joining up with Bohen Run Trail. Follow BRT up passing a waterfall, rejoing WRT at mile 26.5. Follow WRT N. to where ever for the night. All depends on how we feel, how long we spend in Blackwell or possibly at noted swimming hole near falls, or any particular vistas we passed heading South that we may want to head to for this night.

You are more than welcome to join us. We'll be a group of 5 at this point, and 2 more will just add to the fun. Plus you and your friend will get to see a few different hammocks and enjoy some awesome company!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Five hikers... and two gimps... at least for Wed and Thurs nights. Wait.. I'm confused.... I've only been keeping track of the gimps. The hikers are someone elses's problem....
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    Five hikers... and two gimps... at least for Wed and Thurs nights. Wait.. I'm confused.... I've only been keeping track of the gimps. The hikers are someone elses's problem....
    we gimps have our own problems for sure! i am so looking forward to this trip - so many people have told me how amazing the PA GC is...and really looking forward to the awesome company too!! just had my new z-packs cuben tarp out last night and we had quite the thunder storm - i was dry as toast
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    Dutch's prototypes
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    I just remember something. Flys, the buzzing kind. 2 years ago no problem with them at all. This year few more the normal but not a big deal. Last year however, it was like a plague. I've been up there the last 4 years all in June. May want to call a local outfitter is see what it's like this month. Just a thought.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabyd View Post
    we gimps have our own problems for sure! i am so looking forward to this trip - so many people have told me how amazing the PA GC is...and really looking forward to the awesome company too!! just had my new z-packs cuben tarp out last night and we had quite the thunder storm - i was dry as toast
    I've had my zpacks cuben tarp out several times now. Through a few nice thunderstorms. Simply love it for it's size and weight. Amazing!

I've got my food purchased and everything else ready to go. I'll actually pack Tues. morning as that doesn't take me long. Everythings in one place, just not in the pack yet!

I'm bringing a video camera along to shoot this trip. I'm hoping there's a few others as everyone has different perspectives. It's always good to see others photos, especially from the same trip!

3 days and a wake up!

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    As a matter of fact, I have a neighbor down the road who has hiked the Pine Creek Gorge (Pa. Grand Canyon) and gave me some great advice about the Porcupines and their love of cars.
    He told me to sprinkle under and around my car about 2lb. of sugar and perhaps a couple blocks of salt to keep em at bay. He then told me how surprised I would be when I see the results upon returning to my car.
    His advice really surprised me as I thought he was really pissed at me for outbidding him for a wheelbarrow at an auction last week.
    He was always the type to hold a grudge for years!! He must have had a change of heart!!
    See ya on the trail!!!
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    As a matter of fact, I have a neighbor down the road who has hiked the Pine Creek Gorge (Pa. Grand Canyon) and gave me some great advice about the Porcupines and their love of cars.
    He told me to sprinkle under and around my car about 2lb. of sugar and perhaps a couple blocks of salt to keep em at bay. He then told me how surprised I would be when I see the results upon returning to my car.
    His advice really surprised me as I thought he was really pissed at me for outbidding him for a wheelbarrow at an auction last week.
    He was always the type to hold a grudge for years!! He must have had a change of heart!!
    See ya on the trail!!!
    LOL!!! sure sounds like he's not the kind to hold a grudge at all - i think he said something about getting the salt right up on the engine hoses to protect them... i'm going to put lots of sugar in my shoes...

Images
    i'm going to put lots of sugar in my shoes...
    and change your name to sweet-feet?

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    LOL!!! sure sounds like he's not the kind to hold a grudge at all - i think he said something about getting the salt right up on the engine hoses to protect them... i'm going to put lots of sugar in my shoes...
    That's the reason for the salt "blocks". I think you want one of those cow lick size. You really need to get them up high... They are afraid of heights you know.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion View Post
    and change your name to sweet-feet?
    lol gotta keep the piggies away from the porcs - or i'll be changin' my name to no-toes!

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast