Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 double
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

Observation about forum

I really do appreciate the kind and generous nature of many of our forum members. It is nice to be part of a likeminded community of people who are giving of their knowledge as well as their gear.

I posted in the "looking to buy" forum hoping to find a mini atom and an atomic regular. I received PM’s from greenlespaul and Redwood Guy offering them to me for free. That is much appreciated.

I have seen many such acts of kindness on our forums. You guys made my day. Thanks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flair4040 View Post
    I really do appreciate the kind and generous nature of many of our forum members. It is nice to be part of a likeminded community of people who are giving of their knowledge as well as their gear.

I posted in the "looking to buy" forum hoping to find a mini atom and an atomic regular. I received PM’s from greenlespaul and Redwood Guy offering them to me for free. That is much appreciated.

I have seen many such acts of kindness on our forums. You guys made my day. Thanks.
    your right and there will come a time when you can pay it back. great community.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    your right and there will come a time when you can pay it back. great community.
    I think that is the big thing there, people paying it back because they want too!! As it keeps the atmosphere a little lighter than other forums that I frequent!

Glad someone was able to help ya out there Flair!!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WarbonnetBlackbird
    Tarp
    Olive Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubat Dempsey TQ
    Suspension
    Stock Webbing
    I too have been the recipient of some forum kindness. I'm working on a plan to start paying it back when I have some time away from work!

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    I bought an umbrella from Pak-Man and when it arrived yesterday, it was accompanied by four little stuff sacks and a water bottle!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Banned
    Images
    I have received hundreds worth of gear from folks here at HF since I joined on 03-02-2010. It is a great community and the only one I really enjoy giving back too.

You can give back in your own way by becoming a donating HF member!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 double
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Guy View Post
    I have received hundreds worth of gear from folks here at HF since I joined on 03-02-2010. It is a great community and the only one I really enjoy giving back too.

You can give back in your own way by becoming a donating HF member!
    Just did it!!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I think I might have been the first recipient of HF's kindness...I was in Iraq and received - somewhat out of the blue - a Warbonnet Blackbird paid for by a handful of HF members. I hung it up immediately in my hooch and grabbed a few minutes of sleep in it whenever I could.

Also got an HF fleece jacket from the cafe press store and a few other odds and ends...sometimes for testing and sometimes just in appreciation for starting the forum.

This place has great members!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Words cannot explain how helpful this forum has been. In my entire life I have never ran across a more helpful and friendly group of people. I am in a borrowed bridge hammock at this time, sent to me by a member of this forum. I told him that I was 99% sure I wanted a bridge. Now I am 100% sure. If you read this my friend, be sure to keep me in the queue. I WANT ONE! I hung it in the house due to bad weather. I got into it with no intention of sleeping. I ended up so comfortable that I napped for an hour and a half. I do not remember closing my eyes. I love bridge hammocks. It is so easy to turn over from one side to the other. It allows you to lay flat without having to worry about laying diagonal. I am sure that I will find other advantages as time goes by.

Thanks to everyone who has offered ideas and advice. I cannot wait until I have some experience so that I can repay in the future.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Travel, Parachute
    Tarp
    Noah 12
    Insulation
    A work in progress
    Suspension
    noose
    I feel the same way, thanks for keeping it real!

• + New Posts