WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hehe...glad I'm not the only one looking around me for "eyes" in the dark. When I get up to water the trees at night I feel like a lighthouse....

P.S. LOVING the reflective tack trick. Have a friend who doesn't worry so much about animals in the woods as ZOMBIES. Can't wait until the next time we go out....BWAAH-HAH-HAH-HAH.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    Have a friend who doesn't worry so much about animals in the woods as ZOMBIES. Can't wait until the next time we go out....BWAAH-HAH-HAH-HAH.
    I brought a pocket sized video projector to the Colorado winter hang, and we watched Zombieland in the woods. That was fun

All the years I have been camping I always take some sort of gun with me and keep it close by. I have yet to have any unwanted critters approach the camp. usually the fire is strong enough to keep smoldering all night for this very reason.

My headlamp has a high-pitched and LOUD whistle built into it and the headlamp stays in the hammock with me. If that loud blast doesn't scare the critter away (and I thank God that I have not had been in that situation yet) I also keep my .45 in there with me as well.

If it comes down to me or the critter, I plan on it being me that comes out on top.

Stay Safe and prepared.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910