Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzie View Post
    i too would like to see a bb specific foot box coverin full coverage kaq that no one else can use.bb is an awsum fancy *** hammockl that deserves only the best.this what puts the monkey on our backs.we want sumtin special.i think we deserve it!
    Mozzie, et al,

The footbox that ya'll keep refering to on the BB is a bit of a misnomer as far as UQs are concerned....The BB base is a 65 inch by 120 inch gathered end hammock....Every under quilt that fits gathered end hammocks fits the BB...for example all of the JRB UQ fit the BB, so I'm sure that the KAQ described will also fit....

The "footbox" is primarily formed in the top by the triangle of material that replaces the bug net of the asym HH .... It has no impact on the bottom material or the fit of an under quilt.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Link isn't working for me, but a quick search for "vellux" found the tread in question. 99.9% sure that's what it is he's using right now.
    sorry about the link. I am sure that is what he is using since he mentioned it in Hot Springs at Ed's campout.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Mozzie, et al,

The footbox that ya'll keep refering to on the BB is a bit of a misnomer as far as UQs are concerned....The BB base is a 65 inch by 120 inch gathered end hammock....Every under quilt that fits gathered end hammocks fits the BB...for example all of the JRB UQ fit the BB, so I'm sure that the KAQ described will also fit....

The "footbox" is primarily formed in the top by the triangle of material that replaces the bug net of the asym HH .... It has no impact on the bottom material or the fit of an under quilt.

Pan
    That's what I found on a recent hike using a BB and the GEKAQ (yet to be named). All I needed to add was a short length of cord from one of the grosgrain loops up to a point directly above that on the hammock to bring out the UQ so that the feet wouldn't pop out of the UQ. I used a gripclip and a biner on the UQ to attach the 2 points. Worked well.

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    (soundin repetative) So when can we expect the mod to be for sale on your website?
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Graffix_Skull View Post
    (soundin repetative) So when can we expect the mod to be for sale on your website?
    I have a lot going on right now preventing me from keeping sales open. I have surgery next week (with a 2 week recovery) and a 2 week hike in June. I am only taking requests from people on HF and only when I can work it in to my schedule. Send me a PM with your request and I will see what I can do.

John

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Thanx Mrprez, but I also have some things I need to get first before I get an Underquilt, just thought I'd inquire for the greater good of the forums. Take your time with recovery and I will get in touch with you later. And, for sure, enjoy that hike!

Quote Originally Posted by Graffix_Skull View Post
    Thanx Mrprez, but I also have some things I need to get first before I get an Underquilt, just thought I'd inquire for the greater good of the forums. Take your time with recovery and I will get in touch with you later. And, for sure, enjoy that hike!
    OK, thanks I'll do both! Once I get back from the hike, I should be able to reopen the website for orders and have all the info on the new model. Maybe even have a name for it!

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    Make sure to give it a kickass name *pun intended*

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123