Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to have to do that the through the loop with the huggers.
    Biners are pricey and of course they've seen my dutch clips and think they all want some titanium goodness...get a summer job I tell them
    You've done more than your share to increase demand for necessary accessories.

Dunno how the rains have been recently and how they will be for the next several months. But, my lasting late-in-life discovery about Central Jersey, land of so many small farms, is that I missed entirely when growing up there how much rock and gravel went into extensive local, county and state road building just to get the road surfaces a few feet above land that stays wet and puddled for days after rainfall year-round unless drained. Land of 10,000 ponds and bogs and other EPA-protected sites.

It is great to be airborne everywhere around Joint Base / New Egypt, NJ.....for humans sleeping outdoors, and for the 'skeeters rising from the muck to enjoy their company.

Yes, bug-nets and the self-training to make bug nets or summer jobs to buy them and bling!!! There's a reason bug nets can cost more than hammocks.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 06-22-2013 at 21:28.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    OES Spinn
    Insulation
    RAB & WM Blue CCF
    Suspension
    Many DIY

Over my head...Cinch Buckle Source?

I may have some dissension on this, but I used Sling Rings for many years with no problems whatsoever. I emailed the owner years ago and he said while not rated for climbing, his aluminum rings have passed many safety tests because they're used for babies. Unfortunately, I do not have the email, but I believe a single ring was good for up to 500 plus pounds. I used a dual ring setup with straps and a biner to latch around the tree. My one hammock has at least 100 nights on it with no wear.

Added bonus... Colors! And pretty cheap too. In the past they always shipped extremely fast and I have outfitted 4 other friends with this rings and have had no problems.
    Zach Rohe Photography https://zachrohe.com

Hammock
    WBBB , DIY double
    Tarp
    Catcut /doors, OE
    Insulation
    Tewa 3/4, WLTQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle&web
    Another source for Cinch buckles, 1" is ON ROPE 1 inc, www.onrope1.com. (item DJ101)

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Dutch also sells cinch buckles
    I tried to go that route but they "the hammock assembly board" want the flat triangle buckles. So I dropped an email to a cottage vendor asking for just under 100 pieces. Here's hoping that works out.

Gary at Readystrap took care of me and straps are work in progress.

Breakfast was nuts today, 4 kids all hollaring about "where's my hammock?!?"

4 hours were spent on spreadsheeting, expense review, online research, reaching out to vendors, diy bishop bag template, fabric inventory and more.

Tonight was a sweet 16 birthday for another niece. Add 1 lime green hammock.

A sister and brother in law are pitching in to help me make this happen in a timely fashion and it turns out my sis has 5 thread injectors. Several were broken out for maintenance checks and setup.

And we talked about bugnet requirements, including how to handle a 13 foot hammock.

And talk has also moved on to hammock stands for the back yard. I see 6x6's and bags of quickcrete in my future.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Downhill Trucker View Post
    I may have some dissension on this, but I used Sling Rings for many years with no problems whatsoever. I emailed the owner years ago and he said while not rated for climbing, his aluminum rings have passed many safety tests because they're used for babies. Unfortunately, I do not have the email, but I believe a single ring was good for up to 500 plus pounds. I used a dual ring setup with straps and a biner to latch around the tree. My one hammock has at least 100 nights on it with no wear.

Added bonus... Colors! And pretty cheap too. In the past they always shipped extremely fast and I have outfitted 4 other friends with this rings and have had no problems.
    I like rings and use them.

For the kids were are going with flat cinch buckles, no backup knots for the sub 100 pounders.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    You've done more than your share to increase demand for necessary accessories.

Dunno how the rains have been recently and how they will be for the next several months...

It is great to be airborne everywhere around Joint Base / New Egypt, NJ.....for humans sleeping outdoors, and for the 'skeeters rising from the muck to enjoy their company.

Yes, bug-nets and the self-training to make bug nets or summer jobs to buy them and bling!!! There's a reason bug nets can cost more than hammocks.
    Lots of rain. Ground water up. Mozzies thriving.

My next door neighbor is home to one of the County mosquito collection sites and I chat weekly with the guys in the yellow truck that dip the ponds to count wigglers. Should see the helicopter this week.

Reviewed all the bug net options I could find today, presented the DIY Tug Net by pipsissewa because I like the ease of entry/exit but mother of 3 said, no way, the bug net will zip shut. (Youngest is now battling lymes disease...so no messing around)

Bug nets are a must, so says she who will be obeyed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12