Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    I find my homemade design(s) way more comfortable than my HH...guess I'm in the minority here.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    I find my homemade design(s) way more comfortable than my HH...guess I'm in the minority here.
    I would agree, but it would be nice to know what shape the HH is so that I can know what I can change to get different characteristics.

Images

True

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Guys,

If you spread any of your Hennessy Hammocks out on the ground and measure the material you will find that the hammock bottom itself is actually a simple rectangle. That's why our quilts work. We're matching a rectangular quilt to a rectangular hammock bottom, gathering the ends, and connecting them at the a-sym tie-out points. What makes the hammock a-sym is the cut of the no-see-um netting and the placement of the two a-sym tie-outs. It's that simple.
    I have definitely voided the warranty on my HH Explorer. I took it apart at both ends and ripped the stiching down one side, seperating the bug netting from the hammock body. The fabric is a rectangle. The ends are pretty much bunched up straight across. The unique shape comes from 3 things as far as I can tell. The main factor is the bug netting. It is what is cut into the asym parrallelogram shape. It forces the edges of the hamock to fold at the tie outs. The second thing is mentioned in another post in this thread. The way the corners are sewn together and overlapped with the bug netting at the ends before the ends are bunched. The third technique used to make the unique hang is the excellent folding/bunching method. It really gives a nice flat center portion and helps with getting rid of shoulder squeeze I think.

If you are going to remove the netting from a HH, leave the reinforced triangles at the tie out points. This might help it keep some of its shape.

Now lets see if I can put it back together. If not, I guess I will be forced to make my own HH clone. (which I am planning on trying anyway)

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonbmw View Post
    I have definitely voided the warranty on my HH Explorer. I took it apart at both ends and ripped the stiching down one side, seperating the bug netting from the hammock body. The fabric is a rectangle. The ends are pretty much bunched up straight across. The unique shape comes from 3 things as far as I can tell. The main factor is the bug netting. It is what is cut into the asym parrallelogram shape. It forces the edges of the hamock to fold at the tie outs. The second thing is mentioned in another post in this thread. The way the corners are sewn together and overlapped with the bug netting at the ends before the ends are bunched. The third technique used to make the unique hang is the excellent folding/bunching method. It really gives a nice flat center portion and helps with getting rid of shoulder squeeze I think.

If you are going to remove the netting from a HH, leave the reinforced triangles at the tie out points. This might help it keep some of its shape.

Now lets see if I can put it back together. If not, I guess I will be forced to make my own HH clone. (which I am planning on trying anyway)
    It would be absolutely wonderful if you could take some detailed pics and measurements before you put it back together. You would save me a world of headache. You can email me the pics if you want. Just send me a PM and I will give you and email

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    It would be absolutely wonderful if you could take some detailed pics and measurements before you put it back together. You would save me a world of headache. You can email me the pics if you want. Just send me a PM and I will give you and email
    Oh hell no - pics must be posted here!! End this debate once and for all, PLEASE!
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Don't worry. I will post the pics. I was just basically offering to host them!

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Don't worry. I will post the pics. I was just basically offering to host them!
    Cool! I'm just glad somebody else demo'd their HH so I didn't have to!

Images
    Oh hell no - pics must be posted here!! End this debate once and for all, PLEASE!
    Don't worry it won't get put back together for a while. I will work on trying to get some pics that can be of some use. It is quite a mess actually. I might as well completely disassemble it. That would be the best way. Maybe tomorrow I can get some pics up.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Agree on posting the pics here...but what if different models/years are made differently? I doubt even these pics will end the debate once and for all!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Agree on posting the pics here...but what if different models/years are made differently? I doubt even these pics will end the debate once and for all!
    Leave it to Jeff to complicate things!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast