Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Weighing options
    Suspension
    Whoopie!

webcam

There is a weather camera about 8 miles SW and 500' lower elevation of the campground. All very windblown plains by the looks of it but will give some idea of snow. Hopefully all the snow from the exposed areas has piled up in the trees! I can't figure out how to link directly to the camera, but below is the link to the page with the camera...

http://cotrip.org/roadConditions.htm

Jory

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    There is a weather camera about 8 miles SW and 500' lower elevation of the campground. All very windblown plains by the looks of it but will give some idea of snow. Hopefully all the snow from the exposed areas has piled up in the trees! I can't figure out how to link directly to the camera, but below is the link to the page with the camera...

http://cotrip.org/roadConditions.htm

Jory
    Burrrrrr that looks cold.
    Sure hope it passes and calms down by Friday early afternoon when TR42 and me are heading up.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I don't have a tracking number, it just says "awaiting fulfillment". Shot him a line and havt heard back this time. He did say something about a down crisis, so I'm planning on the pads with the z-liner. Ill jury rig a space blanket under me to help, and I have a thermal bivy for a top quilt. Ill Macguyver the hell outta it, but ill be there!
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Images
    Received a PM from TR42 he is on the road from Texas heading or way.
    He should be at my place tonight by 3PM and we will be heading out tomorrow around 11AM

The road is looking a bit better. Does anyone have a tow strap in case there is an issue with the entrance road to the CG?
    I've been looking for mine but can't seem to find it.

Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Weighing options
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    He should be at my place tonight by 3PM and we will be heading out tomorrow around 11AM

The road is looking a bit better. Does anyone have a tow strap in case there is an issue with the entrance road to the CG?
    I've got some extra 2mm dyneema I'll throw in the truck, that should work right? I'll dig out my recovery kit tonight so will have yanker strap, d-shackles, and all the other good stuff - used to be a jeeper. And of course will have a snow shovel.

I'm planning on being up there by noon, although I'm really struggling against the urge to go up tonight so might be sooner!

Jory

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The good news is this cold/flu crud I have seems to be on its way out. I'm putting together a shopping list and plan to be up after work Friday.
    Where ever you go, there you are?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post

It is key to stay in the center of that entrance road. If in the center, even a sedan will do just fine. I brought my Toyota Camry in there last winter when there was several feet of snow on the ground and a fair amount (8 or 10 inches) on the road and it handled it like a champ.

Someone else came in with a mini-van at the same trip, though, and ventured too close to the shoulder and slid in. Took about 8 of us 30 minutes to push/pull him out.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    It is key to stay in the center of that entrance road. If in the center, even a sedan will do just fine. I brought my Toyota Camry in there last winter when there was several feet of snow on the ground and a fair amount (8 or 10 inches) on the road and it handled it like a champ.

Someone else came in with a mini-van at the same trip, though, and ventured too close to the shoulder and slid in. Took about 8 of us 30 minutes to push/pull him out.
    I'll have my beast ('95 Dodge 2500 4x4) with an array of tow straps and chains. Nobody gonna get stuck!
    Where ever you go, there you are?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jobo View Post
    I've got some extra 2mm dyneema I'll throw in the truck, that should work right? I'll dig out my recovery kit tonight so will have yanker strap, d-shackles, and all the other good stuff - used to be a jeeper. And of course will have a snow shovel.

I'm planning on being up there by noon, although I'm really struggling against the urge to go up tonight so might be sooner!

Jory
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
    The good news is this cold/flu crud I have seems to be on its way out. I'm putting together a shopping list and plan to be up after work Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoman View Post
    I'll have my beast ('95 Dodge 2500 4x4) with an array of tow straps and chains. Nobody gonna get stuck!
    You guys (((ROCK))) thanks so much. I feel a lot better now.
    My little SUV doesn't do very well in snow drifts unless I can get a good running start.

Jory,
    I know what you mean about heading up early.
    I'm really itching to get up there and play in the snow.
    If you want that UQ sooner I can PM you my addy. I live close to C470 and Wadsworth

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    I'm debating being early as well, even with this hole in my leg. I just want to be and about! But there is the slimmest of chances that my quilts may arrive ( or am I deluding my self?).
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast