Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    OES 10x12 catcut
    Insulation
    IX/Clima DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    When I joined last semester, I had a teacher who could be described as eccentric. The class was computational chemistry, and the only way to succeed was to "Be like Bob."
    Be like Bob

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    FSU fan here . . . gotta love the one-liners that Bobby puts out. You think he's heading in one direction and before the sentence is over, he simplifies for it for you.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Mine can be taken figuratively or, if the case arises, literally.
    Ditto......
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcakes View Post
    Ditto......
    I really like your signature ld. I ran across mine and it hit home, because I think hanging involves a level of "primal simplicity" and at the same time, this group has demonstrated the ability to be virtuous. There has been an incredible sense of community here more than any other forum or virtual group I have been a part of. I thought it was descriptive and it fit.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    My signature used to be:
    Warbonnet ON!
    I used it because I would always write "Warbonnet ON!" as a signing line in the journals while I was on the AT. Mine was the first Warbonnet (the mighty ElDorado) on the AT and the phrase always motivated me; like warpaint I guess.

When I became a mod here, I thought it best to dial down my enthusiasm for one particular vendor (publicly ). As I thought about a replacement, my mind turned to a fella who has spent a lifetime studying central and south American art. As a byproduct, he discovered and embraced the life of hammocking. In one of his papers, there was a line that said "If you don't love your hammock, you just don't know how to love." I thought it was the perfect line for me; summed-up my feelings very well.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    I really like your signature ld. I ran across mine and it hit home, because I think hanging involves a level of "primal simplicity" and at the same time, this group has demonstrated the ability to be virtuous. There has been an incredible sense of community here more than any other forum or virtual group I have been a part of. I thought it was descriptive and it fit.
    Thank you canoebe, Honestly I was inspired by it when I opened a Dove chocolate candy wrapper and it was written inside. It struck me immediately as my motto!
    And I like yours too, I am also inspired by the Tao Teh Ching.
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 05-02-2011 at 09:18.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Mine's a Dr Seuss quote, I've always found his insights into life and how to live better then almost all of the most influential people that have ever been apart of our human civilization. I see more insight now then I did when I was younger when I read his books to my nephews.

As for me I've always had the mindset that I need to live life, that nothing can stop me from making myself and the people around me happy, not my career, nor the choices I make, and while I sometimes wish I had made better or different choices, I never regret the ones I have made, because in reality, I would not be where I am now, or have the relationships I do with the people I do, and be as happy as I am. And anytime I hear people complaining that they're tired, they need to go home because they have work or something else to do the following day, my first reaction to them is that they can sleep when they're dead, and that's the way I feel. And maybe that's not what you read into my quote, it's what i see...sorry for getting so philosophical, haha.
    I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    This is a predominately USA based forum, I am from Canada, I kept using metric in my posts and so I included a nice little conversion table.
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Quote Originally Posted by Kasuko View Post
    This is a predominately USA based forum, I am from Canada, I kept using metric in my posts and so I included a nice little conversion table.
    I wish we all used Metric and not the Imperial System of measurement, it's so much easier to understand and convert between units, though I am not strong in the Metric system, I do try to use it whenever I can (I guess it's the Field Coach in Me).
    I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've brought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    My dad is a shade on the nutty side and my wife and friends think I follow in those footsteps. I personally think I has nothing to do with my pop and all to do with ADHD and skittles (especially those tasty red ones).
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast