diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    lookin good shug.i,also inspired by fourdog,did some testing along these same lines.i cut a hole in the foot of my -20 deg synthetic bag.then resewed the insulation back in.i added a drawstring to close up the new hole and a sleeve of about a foot long then another drawstring.the bag is normal length so i reasoned i would not be able to close the drawstring tight as it would not be near the end of the hammock.so i put the extension on so i could put a sweater or something in it to close off the hole better then use the other drawstring to keep that in place.that worked good. i hung the sleeping bag upside down then tucked the hood in by my chest.i added two grossgrain loops one on either side off the neck opening and hung it like a underquilt at the front so it would not fall off when unzipped. i worried the insulation on my chest area would get compressed due to the bags weight so i added a grossgrain loop there and attached it to the ridgeline using some shockcord and a mitten hook.hope that makes sense.
    i slept in this a few weeks ago,it got down to 4degf woke up to the start of a blizzard.useing my clark and small clark tarp.i was wearing light poly long undewear top and bottom,wool sweater,wool hat and fleece baclava.no socks,no aditional blankets or underquilts.was toasty warm.i like to curl up though and was unable to do so without my knees getting chilled from compressing the insulation were they touched.so if i get a bigger bag i will use this system for sure.need more room.
    thanks for the vid.
    bill
    diyin to hang

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lonetracker View Post
    lookin good shug.i,also inspired by fourdog,did some testing along these same lines.i cut a hole in the foot of my -20 deg synthetic bag.then resewed the insulation back in.i added a drawstring to close up the new hole and a sleeve of about a foot long then another drawstring.the bag is normal length so i reasoned i would not be able to close the drawstring tight as it would not be near the end of the hammock.so i put the extension on so i could put a sweater or something in it to close off the hole better then use the other drawstring to keep that in place.that worked good. i hung the sleeping bag upside down then tucked the hood in by my chest.i added two grossgrain loops one on either side off the neck opening and hung it like a underquilt at the front so it would not fall off when unzipped. i worried the insulation on my chest area would get compressed due to the bags weight so i added a grossgrain loop there and attached it to the ridgeline using some shockcord and a mitten hook.hope that makes sense.
    i slept in this a few weeks ago,it got down to 4degf woke up to the start of a blizzard.useing my clark and small clark tarp.i was wearing light poly long undewear top and bottom,wool sweater,wool hat and fleece baclava.no socks,no aditional blankets or underquilts.was toasty warm.i like to curl up though and was unable to do so without my knees getting chilled from compressing the insulation were they touched.so if i get a bigger bag i will use this system for sure.need more room.
    thanks for the vid.
    bill
    I just knew that you would be modding something after that hang. Sound like a very good workable pod now.
    I am heading into the back 40 in a bit to sleep in the pod. Supposed to get to -17º tonight and is windy. I added the winter yeti and TQ.....
    Gonna be a fun trial!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Exped combo, exped basic
    Tarp
    DYI, six sided
    Insulation
    foam refletex,
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I just knew that you would be modding something after that hang. Sound like a very good workable pod now.
    I am heading into the back 40 in a bit to sleep in the pod. Supposed to get to -17º tonight and is windy. I added the winter yeti and TQ.....
    Gonna be a fun trial!
    Shug
    I'm headed out, the wind will be a added bonus !

fourdog

www.fourdog.com

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fourdog View Post
    I'm headed out, the wind will be a added bonus !
    fourdog
    www.fourdog.com
    Have a snug night fourdog .... I am right behind ya'!!!!!
    -5º here right now and windy too.
    I just are candy!
    Shug

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl layer.
    Tarp
    WB Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crowsnest & Burrow
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Outstanding stuff there Shug ... Awesome test and great second half. I can see why you stay so motivated, great stuff ... How do you do that?
    Questtrek
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks". John Muir.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    entertaining and educating shug. the 2 keys to teaching what jacket were you wearing in the vid?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    -5º here right now and windy too.
    Them's crazy temperatures!
    I remember being camped out when Perth had its coldest night on record a while back when it got to 0 and thats C not F. That records now been trumped with the lowest on record now being the positively freezing -0.6C.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by questtrek View Post
    Outstanding stuff there Shug ... Awesome test and great second half. I can see why you stay so motivated, great stuff ... How do you do that?
    Staying motivated?..... it is always a daily challenge. I get up ... coffee up...and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    entertaining and educating shug. the 2 keys to teaching what jacket were you wearing in the vid?
    It is a GoLite jacket my wife bought for me. 800 fill down and lots of good features.

Quote Originally Posted by Cogola View Post
    Them's crazy temperatures!
    I remember being camped out when Perth had its coldest night on record a while back when it got to 0 and thats C not F. That records now been trumped with the lowest on record now being the positively freezing -0.6C.
    Are winters harsh down there? I slept in -18ºF last night ....video soon, of course.
    I would love to see Perth. I have been to the East Coast of Australia but Perth os a long ways away...

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock-NX 250
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Winter Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps, cinch bkls
    Perused Pod Practice Performance, particularly pleased pal perservered pleasantly.
    "Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime” Rupert Pupkin

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator & burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Are winters harsh down there?
    You wouldn't believe how harsh the winters can be. If you don't believe me just read the headlines
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...25/2936696.htm

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast