Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    There really is no need for anything to handle a tarp easily and efficiently....

The technique that I've used for years.

First gather pegs.....roll the "down STLs around three or four fingers , wrat the last 3 feet around the roll and finish with a slip....( later they will unroll with a single turn and never tangle...and for now they will make the remainder of this simple)....Untie one end from tree 1....grasp the ridge tab..... walk over to the other ridge tab.... gasp in same hand.... pull slip knot on tree 2.... let ridge cords dangle.... find ridge seam center with free hand....extend both arms in front....place chin over "new" center.... take original center to the ridge tabs, grasp all.... fold again, and again.... with free hand pull ridge cords off to one side.... Now, from the ridge fold or roll to the open edges, flip the last 10 inches into the roll for a nice clean bundle.... roll the two ridge cords around the folded/rolled bundle.... Stick it in an outer pocket.... DONE.

Note, if wet or rainy follow aboveprocedure... just shake off at each step.... Really easy to do.

This is a 60 to 90 second drill..... never tangles.... And is ready for immediate deployment...Guarenteed as fast as SS to deploy for an afternoon storm or a lunch cover.

Bonus, it does not require snake skins, Bbishop bag or stuff sack, thus it saves 1-3 oz depending on what you use, also save the cost in $ and time to make/buy SS etc....

Try it you may like it.....

Pan
    i dont really understand you way of doing that. would you be able to post some pictures?
    Cheers, Jay

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jay590 View Post
    i dont really understand you way of doing that. would you be able to post some pictures?
    sorry jay i don't do pictures.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Homemade asym
    Tarp
    Homemade blackcat
    Insulation
    JRB Hudson River
    I won't lie pan. I don't quite get it either.

OK guys new to hammocking and new to some of the terminology. Bishop bag? I have a HH Exp Deluxe A-sym and I want to buy a Deluxe MacCat. Is this doable? I use the skins but I wrap it all up together...is this a bad thing? The HH Del is rather bulky and I think a little heavy when all skined together, anyone else agree/disagree.
    Thank for not laughing and for your patience and help!

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldbond View Post
    OK guys new to hammocking and new to some of the terminology. Bishop bag? I have a HH Exp Deluxe A-sym and I want to buy a Deluxe MacCat. Is this doable? I use the skins but I wrap it all up together...is this a bad thing? The HH Del is rather bulky and I think a little heavy when all skined together, anyone else agree/disagree.
    Thank for not laughing and for your patience and help!
    1. Bishop bag == stuff sack with a modification so that a suspension cord passes through the bottom. Works like a skin, but is a normal stuff sack except for this modification. Named after HF member BlackBishop351.

2. I have used a MacCat Deluxe over an HH Explorer Deluxe. Adequate size.

3. My preference is when I'm done packing a hammock or a tarp, the resulting shape better resembles a rectangle than it does a large intestine. I don't use the HH skins anymore, moved on to DIY solutions.

4. Who's laughing? We all climbed the hammocking learning curve.

5. Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    1. Bishop bag == stuff sack with a modification so that a suspension cord passes through the bottom. Works like a skin, but is a normal stuff sack except for this modification. Named after HF member BlackBishop351.

2. I have used a MacCat Deluxe over an HH Explorer Deluxe. Adequate size.

3. My preference is when I'm done packing a hammock or a tarp, the resulting shape better resembles a rectangle than it does a large intestine. I don't use the HH skins anymore, moved on to DIY solutions.

4. Who's laughing? We all climbed the hammocking learning curve.

5. Grizz
    Thanks for all your help. I have certainaly enjoyed this site. Such a positive change! You are right about the learning curve!

Hammock
    HHBP or Expr summer, diyMutts other
    Tarp
    HH Explr or HH Hex
    Insulation
    IXUQ+NeoAr
    Suspension
    Rings+Static line

Question

Pan--
    Think I can picture your idea mentally assuming 'STLs' means the tarp's ground lines. ?? Will give it a try.

CajunHiker--
    Are those skins for the Hex the HH SS#4(which Hennessy recomended) or DIY (one or two skins?) or what? Hate to expose a big buck tarp to our native pricker-thorny flora.

Lately I mostly use a HH Explorer tarp over Speer-types or over a HH Backpacker (tarp and hammer in separate skins) but do use the Hex several times per year in the wet season (which is virtually all year ).
    Last edited by riverkeeper; 07-09-2008 at 11:31. Reason: make it better
    "There's no accounting for other people's taste in love, fiction and huntin' dogs." ---Mark Twain

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe Zip
    Tarp
    HH Poly Hex
    Insulation
    Leighlo TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Carabiner & Rings
    Does any one make/sell bishop bags any more? I don't have a sewing machine and from what I imagine, that is would be alot of sewing.
    Just started hanging in 2012

Images
    Not exactly a Bishop Bag, (the Bishop Bag only has a small opening on one end for one of the lines to pass through; the other end is a regular stuff sack) but basically the same idea...Double ended stuff sack..

http://wildernesslogics.com/HAMMOCK-...MMOCK-BAGS.htm
    Talmadge
    "GroundHog"

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I rigged up a single line suspension recently, supporting both tarp & hammock. But, I quickly abandoned it for my old separate setup. I love my tarp skins, too.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast