Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    I will always be a newbie. We always have something to learn. With this I learned a lot. I even learned that just because the fall didn't seem bad that doesn't mean you won't be hurting for a couple days.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    I will always be a newbie. We always have something to learn. With this I learned a lot. I even learned that just because the fall didn't seem bad that doesn't mean you won't be hurting for a couple days.
    http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/pr...tem/640838/N/0
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    I am such a cheap ******* I think that is too much. After 16 yrs of skateboarding I am sure I can take it.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I don't think a question has been asked on this site that hasn't been answered. Whether it was about new gear, purchased gear, DIY gear, how to use the gear, where to use the gear, when everyone is getting together to use their gear, who lives nearby to show someone how to use their new/old/purchased/DIY gear, etc.

Ewker, you've had several offers from folks on this site willing to show you, personally, how to use a hammock. It doesn't get more helpful than that. You've seen folks using their hammocks but didn't pay attention b/c it was the "dreaded" one you've never used and already passed judgment on. Yet you continue to ask the same questions, and ignore the same answers, then complain that it's "the site" that isn't useful.

Just because the answers aren't simple doesn't mean they're not useful. Personally, I'd rather them be complete than simple.

If any newbies think they didn't get a complete answer to a question, please PM or email me and I'll make sure you get the info you need.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I don't think a question has been asked on this site that hasn't been answered. Whether it was about new gear, purchased gear, DIY gear, how to use the gear, where to use the gear, when everyone is getting together to use their gear, who lives nearby to show someone how to use their new/old/purchased/DIY gear, etc.

Ewker, you've had several offers from folks on this site willing to show you, personally, how to use a hammock. It doesn't get more helpful than that. You've seen folks using their hammocks but didn't pay attention b/c it was the "dreaded" one you've never used and already passed judgment on. Yet you continue to ask the same questions, and ignore the same answers, then complain that it's "the site" that isn't useful.

Just because the answers aren't simple doesn't mean they're not useful. Personally, I'd rather them be complete than simple.

If any newbies think they didn't get a complete answer to a question, please PM or email me and I'll make sure you get the info you need.
    Well said.

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images

newbie help not available???

Ewker,

I feel your assertion was kind of harsh.

I found Just Jeff, Risk, Speer, and then this site with the Google search function.

The people here educated me about hammocks. Being a frugal hanger, I was drawn to the DIY side of things anyway. There is no better way to understand the basics than by making your own. The thought "OH!! That's what they were talking about!!!" just keeps coming up again and again. But, at least I didn't blow hundreds learning the basics.

There is a class of internet users who expect things to be spoon fed to them. I don't agree with that concept. It sounds like you might. Such is life.

All the advice I got, early on, is still there in the archives. "Search function" is a newbies friend. Learning to ask the right question is part of learning about a subject.

That's my two cents. I still look forward to meeting you on the trail. No hard feelings for a difference in opinion, right??

Miles of Smiles

Tom

Images
    right on man! Learning is but a combination of theory and practice. the archives provides you with ideas and concepts but it is the "do it yourself" part that make things real!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123