Hammock
    Lite Owl/GT SB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just entered, plus purchased a copy of your book via kindle! Your masterplan is working!

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Totally had to get in on this. I have need for hammock time while camping at the track.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    hennesy ultra light
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Thanks. Would be neat !
    As a wise man once said "If woman don't find you handsome at least they'll find you handy." Hang in there.

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    That's a snazzy set up there and a nice review Derek. I only had a couple "entries" because the requirements were social media heavy, but that's the world we live in and a couple entries is better than nuttin'.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_mike View Post
    That's a snazzy set up there and a nice review Derek. I only had a couple "entries" because the requirements were social media heavy, but that's the world we live in and a couple entries is better than nuttin'.
    Thanks Mike!

Thanks for trying the raffle machine. I agree with you on the requirements, but honestly, the reason I'm doing it this way was to try out the software so I added as many options as I could to see how they worked. In some ways it allows more people to participate who wouldn't otherwise (e.g., if this was run _only_ on Facebook).

I also posted it on my blog instead of just the forum because I didn't want any vendor entanglements with HF. Technically, this is a promotion for Handy Hammock, which I didn't really think twice about because I was just giving it away -- I hope everyone knows that I am not sponsored by Handy Hammock, nor do I stand to gain from sales of the Handy Hammock. They simply sent me an extra sample (actually, I don't even have it yet; I was just told they shipped it, without asking me beforehand, and without consulting me.). In other words, I'm going to have to ship it again, at my own expense, to the winner. Woo-hoo! :\

I've been wanting to try doing some giveaways on my blog anyway, so I thought it was a serendipitous opportunity, even if I do have to ship it (looking on the bright side). Hopefully the winner is my neighbor so I can just walk it to him (just kidding).

I know the Mods are discussing this thread because, as I mentioned, it is technically a vendor promotion, which I'm not allowed to do on HF. Believe me, it was an honest mistake that I did in goodwill: I wanted my friends on HF to have a stake in winning the stand if they wanted to.

If the Mods decide to take down this thread, I understand, and I'm sorry for causing any ill-feelings with other vendors, members, and visitors.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    12 X 12 Guide Gear
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Thanks for offering this!

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    If it makes you feel any better, if I win, I'd be willing to pay the shipping charges........RR

Ohh, and I only had a few entries as well. I don't do Facebook or twitter.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    Thanks Mike!

Thanks for trying the raffle machine. I agree with you on the requirements, but honestly, the reason I'm doing it this way was to try out the software so I added as many options as I could to see how they worked. In some ways it allows more people to participate who wouldn't otherwise (e.g., if this was run _only_ on Facebook).

I also posted it on my blog instead of just the forum because I didn't want any vendor entanglements with HF. Technically, this is a promotion for Handy Hammock, which I didn't really think twice about because I was just giving it away -- I hope everyone knows that I am not sponsored by Handy Hammock, nor do I stand to gain from sales of the Handy Hammock. They simply sent me an extra sample (actually, I don't even have it yet; I was just told they shipped it, without asking me beforehand, and without consulting me.). In other words, I'm going to have to ship it again, at my own expense, to the winner. Woo-hoo! :\

I've been wanting to try doing some giveaways on my blog anyway, so I thought it was a serendipitous opportunity, even if I do have to ship it (looking on the bright side). Hopefully the winner is my neighbor so I can just walk it to him (just kidding).

I know the Mods are discussing this thread because, as I mentioned, it is technically a vendor promotion, which I'm not allowed to do on HF. Believe me, it was an honest mistake that I did in goodwill: I wanted my friends on HF to have a stake in winning the stand if they wanted to.

If the Mods decide to take down this thread, I understand, and I'm sorry for causing any ill-feelings with other vendors, members, and visitors.
    I have no issues at all with how it was promoted. It's my choice to not migrate towards social media and I accept what that brings with no ill will towards anybody.

It was a really good review and hopefully the manufacturer took your suggestions to heart because they appear to be like everything else you put forth, which is spot on. Thanks for including the forum in the fun.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man_mike View Post
    I have no issues at all with how it was promoted. It's my choice to not migrate towards social media and I accept what that brings with no ill will towards anybody.

It was a really good review and hopefully the manufacturer took your suggestions to heart because they appear to be like everything else you put forth, which is spot on. Thanks for including the forum in the fun.
    Thanks. It's been interesting. Typically when I do reviews, I give the manufacturer the right of first refusal. Sometimes I find problems that they might want to fix or remedy, or maybe I just didn't like it. I'm not going to publish glowing reviews unless I like it. I hope my reviews are unbiased. I only review gear I am interested in and I want to give it a fair shake, unfettered by corporate sponsorship.

Handy Hammock was at first dismissive of my suggestions. In their experience, they didn't see a need to disconnect the hammock or modify it to be used differently, etc. In the past weeks, I've seen the same things you have: a desire to modify the kit, etc. They eventually asked my permission to repost my images on their site to show people different hammocks on their stand.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Thanks for the chance to win.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast