WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    What a great experience for the both of you. I'm glad you had a great time. Great report and pictures.

I still remember my first camping trip with my father I was 5 and I think that is where I got my first trail name...****-it-John.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images

Morning Coffee

Thanks Muskrat! That looked like a wonderful entrance into the real world of the outdoors for Bugbait.

A short 'starter' hike - cool
    A little white lie to keep her safe AND preserve her self confidence - PRICELESS

Thanks for taking us along.

2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Muskrat - thanks for sharing. I love that area of the Chattooga River & Foothills Trail. Glad to hear everything went well on the trip and your daughter enjoyed the trip. Being able to get away and share time like that w/ our kids is what life is all about.

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by GvilleDave View Post
    Muskrat - thanks for sharing. I love that area of the Chattooga River & Foothills Trail. Glad to hear everything went well on the trip and your daughter enjoyed the trip. Being able to get away and share time like that w/ our kids is what life is all about.
    Absolutely ! I am looking forward to our next trip together. Hoping to get my "soon-to-be" 8 yr old out there with us. Once that happens, momma will feel left out and will "want" to come too . . . at least thats how my "evil plan" is designed !
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    Once that happens, momma will feel left out and will "want" to come too . . . at least thats how my "evil plan" is designed !
    Careful, that plan could backfire, and momma could start really enjoying that break whilst you are all out.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Careful, that plan could backfire, and momma could start really enjoying that break whilst you are all out.
    Not for this momma ! If the girls are doing something fun, she will not be left out. . . unless its golf . She is very much into the outdoors and loves being with our girls. Our girls are still fairly young and with this trip being a first time event, I'm sure our youngest is not going to want to be left behind on the next trip. Therefor . . . I'll be planning, packing, cooking, cleaning . . . for all of us Guess that means I'd better start looking for trails with shorter mileage
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123