Hammock
    Speer IIIA
    Tarp
    WinterTarp
    Insulation
    PeaPod
    Suspension
    Need to learn this
    I had almost settled for the lightest WBBB, a 3-season Yeti and a SuperFly. Seems really comfortable, but quite a big investment.

Ultralight Skeeter Beeter at $60 + Arrowhead Jarbridge is a very cheap solution, although the reviews of the Skeeter Beeter are very mixed.

It says on the Dream-Hammock website for DangerBird 60: approx 30.65 oz. for single layer and 46.3 oz for double layer. Says nothing about size though.

EDIT: Checked out the Baby Orca - it looks so thin, does it really provide any insulation?
    I'm also wondering how it can be OK not to cover your feet with these mini UQs, such as this and the Yeti. Cold feet sure makes me uncomfortable in a hammock.

Hammock
    Speer IIIA
    Tarp
    WinterTarp
    Insulation
    PeaPod
    Suspension
    Need to learn this
    Noted how many votes the Nano 7 is getting. But I have very little modding experience and no idea where to buy those things. Maybe if I could get all parts from the same place and there was a good tutorial.

WBBB and DangerBird seem like the most comfortable options, maybe it's also because of great marketing.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    I believe with the 3/4 quilts folks are suggesting, they'll be "full length" at your wife's height.

Hammock
    Speer IIIA
    Tarp
    WinterTarp
    Insulation
    PeaPod
    Suspension
    Need to learn this
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormstaff View Post
    I believe with the 3/4 quilts folks are suggesting, they'll be "full length" at your wife's height.
    Yes probably.

But for instance in the demo video and pictures of the WB Yeti, it doesn't sem to be covering his feet. I am just curious how that can work.

Hammock
    ENO DN, DIY g.e. 1.9
    Tarp
    Kelty 9
    Insulation
    Bag, foam or wool
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies

Lightbulb

I know I'll probably get flack for this, but I always go with 'the best for the least lest it rest in the closet'. My camping Gal-pal is so unpredictable that I usually get her outfitted with relatively economical gear until I'm certain she'll (a) Like it (b) Use it. If she meets requirements a and b, I don't mind springing for the big $$$ after the initial 'tryout period'. I might suggest an ENO single nest w/ a Guardian bugnet and some slap straps for about $120 USD total. Just a thought and by no means authoritative.

Hammock
    Speer IIIA
    Tarp
    WinterTarp
    Insulation
    PeaPod
    Suspension
    Need to learn this
    Quote Originally Posted by AT4ever View Post
    ... My camping Gal-pal is so unpredictable that I usually get her outfitted with relatively economical gear until I'm certain she'll (a) Like it (b) Use it. ... I might suggest an ENO single nest w/ a Guardian bugnet and some slap straps for about $120 USD total. ...
    No, that's reasonable advice.
    I'm sure my wife's hooked on living outdoors, but of course you won't really know if you like a hammock until you try it.
    On the other hand, I don't think the Single Nest + Guardian is much cheaper than the others, and it's quite a bit heavier.

Man, all these choices... suddenly I feel like I have to get a new one for myself too.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    You might want to take a look at Butt In A Sling in the Vendor boards. Ultra light BIAS Micro Weight Weenie in camo at under 6 0z. Has a ridgeline. Adding tree straps, whoopies and a bug net from one of the other vendors would add about $100 to a $42.00 purchase.
    Just got mine. They are long at 11ft, but I'm only 5'9" and 143# and it's a flat lay with lots of room to stay comfy. I also added the Knotty Mod which gives you a foot box & shoulder box. By turning from one end of the hammock to the other you can reverse your right/left lay to a left/right lay.
    Packed, it's about the size of a small bag of English muffins.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SnrMoment View Post
    You might want to take a look at Butt In A Sling in the Vendor boards. Ultra light BIAS Micro Weight Weenie in camo at under 6 0z. Has a ridgeline....
    Packed, it's about the size of a small bag of English muffins.
    Now there's a good choice. There's a good chance they will build one just 10' long for her. Contact them.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Speer IIIA
    Tarp
    WinterTarp
    Insulation
    PeaPod
    Suspension
    Need to learn this
    Thank you, yes the BiaS looks really nice! Will contact them about that and also what bug net they suggest.

Actually, since it's already so light, is there really any advantage to getting a tailored, tiny one? Doesn't length add to comfort? (If they do that, I won't be able to borrow it since I'm 6'2" )

Current preliminary plan: Get both a WBBB SL 1.1 and BiaS and then we take turns using the best one. Then a SuperFly, and... some UQ.
    The Baby Orca looks nice but I wish it were just a bit warmer, 5-10 degrees more. Maybe Orca + space blanket? The Yeti is a bit pricy.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    From what I understand you'll more than likely get condensation using a space blanket. I think AHE has their Jarbridge for around $120.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast