Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl lefty, WBRR
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy Camo
    Insulation
    KAQs, Pads, PLUQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just posted about this on the other thread.

I had problems with a zipper on a new JH this last May.

Tom did re-ship a new one within a couple days and did refund my return shipping costs. And he did have a good attitude about it.

He really needs to get a US distributor or the long ship times and QC problems are going to take a serious toll.

Hammock
    Claytor JH & NN
    Tarp
    Claytor Camo
    Insulation
    LL UQ, RevX TQ
    Suspension
    ws-straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Adino View Post

He really needs to get a US distributor or the long ship times and QC problems are going to take a serious toll.
    Wisdom. I love both my Claytor Hammocks and think they would be ideal for a lot of people, but fully understand that trust is a big part of the decision to purchase. Its definitely not like getting something from REI.

Coming out of the starting gate knowing that ship times are long and shipping costs high, anything less than a perfect product on the first go-round magnifies the level of a customer's dissatisfaction. I admit I was quite frustrated on finding a defective product in the mail. But he did make it right, and there was never any question as to whether or not he would. And, most importantly, to me it was worth the wait.

There are so many factors that can contribute to error in any manufacturing endeavor that it would be foolish of me to think I could give him the right advice for his business situation. But I do see room for improvements that could boost his level of customer satisfaction and his net profit at the same time. Mistakes like these must affect his bottom line. I hope he works this out.
    Hangin' round beats on the ground...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bob

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    Quote Originally Posted by bob2guns View Post

but i'll just deal with US based shops .... with shops like warbonnet and fourdog and arrowhead and 2Q/ZQ ... what more do you really need...

didn't mean to leave out wildernesslogics......sorry WL.....
    Last edited by bob2guns; 08-19-2012 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I think Mr. Claytor goes through periods of discontent.
    Definitely. I had very poor service regarding a saggy tarp that wouldn't pull tight. The email exchange was both rude and sarcastic and I'll have no further dealings with him

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Claytor,Clark,Hennessey. They all had their day.
    I'll have to call you on that one. I've had no dealings with Claytor, but I've been looking at one for a friend so I'm sorry to see this kind of response.

I have had some experiences with Hennessy which remind me that he's gotten bigger and doesn't really need to pay attention to individuals, but Clark has always been top notch about standing up for their gear. Most recently, I called them with a problem I told them I had caused. Not only was a replacement in the mail to me by priority within two hours, they didn't charge me for either the replacement or the shipping. With that kind of response, I can't let a statement like this go unchallenged.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    That is really bad customer service. I don't have Claytor and probably wont get one. But I do have gear from Hammock Bliss. When I got the hammock there was a tiny hole in it that I noticed it was probably the size of a pin hole. I emailed Dov and mentioned this to him. He responded right away and had another hammock sent out before the orginal was even shipped back. He appoligized multiple times and made a life long customer.

If you have great customer service you will have great customers!

Quote Originally Posted by BackPackHiker View Post
    That is really bad customer service. I don't have Claytor and probably wont get one. But I do have gear from Hammock Bliss. When I got the hammock there was a tiny hole in it that I noticed it was probably the size of a pin hole. I emailed Dov and mentioned this to him. He responded right away and had another hammock sent out before the orginal was even shipped back. He appoligized multiple times and made a life long customer.

If you have great customer service you will have great customers!
    this is how someone who balances reputation with profit handles a situation. i am in the market to upgrade from my GT Ultralight and Claytor just moved over to the "nope" list.

Hammock
    Claytor Camouflage Jungle Hammock

Satisfy with Tom Claytor Hammocks

I would like to share ma experience with Tom Claytor Hammocks.
    After I read this and the other threads where few people described bad experience with Tom, I decided put my order anyway and wait what direction things go.
    I have to say I am pleased with the service (from Thailand to Czech), with shipping time (ordered/paid 10.8., shipped 16.8. delivered 24.8.) and with condition of hammocks. I bought camouflage and for a friend olive type and they both looks great. Camouflage type is really amazing. I cant wait to use it in the woods.

Overall I am satisfy with Tom Claytor Hammocks and I would recommend it.

Album: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...p?albumid=2292
    Last edited by idymalgia; 08-24-2012 at 13:37. Reason: Add album link.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12