Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images

Can You Vent the Lynx?

Can you vent the Lynx? Say if you have a 20 degree Lynx and are hanging in 55-60 degree temps? Or even warmer temps? From what I am reading on it, you just clip it on and go with it and no adjustments? Is that right?
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    I am not final knowledge but I got a good look at it this weekend on someone's set up... It doesn't look like it can be vented unless you just unclipped a corner...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    That is correct the only way to vent is to unclip one of the corners.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rngn View Post
    That is correct the only way to vent is to unclip one of the corners.
    Then, you could add shock chord on the corners if you wanted to vent maybe at one end?

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    You could I guess are you could just fit a lighter under quilt to the ridge runner. Or if you had a double layer you could use reflextics are a pad instead of the underquilt.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Then, you could add shock chord on the corners if you wanted to vent maybe at one end?
    The lynx has heavy duty "rubber bands" on the foot end to provide tension.

Yes, it would be simple to add extensions (fixed or adjustable) at the corners to vent a lynx.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    make a loop with some small zing it ,secure the loop with a taut line hitch.you now have a loop that is adjustable,and will stay where you put it.put this loop between the suspension loop and the linx loop.you now can adjust your linx to how ever you want it.can be factory tight or 2 inches hang your choice .it takes little effort to slide a knot. good venting.oh tie a knot in the end of the main line so it cant come through the taut line hitch.that way it cant undo the loop.one more thing if you vent this way leave the bottom where it is and lower the head end.you can reach your head end knots without getting up, just reach above your head work your knots ,and your linx will rise to the ocasion .
    Last edited by hairbear; 12-31-2012 at 23:51.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hairbear View Post
    make a loop with some small zing it ,secure the loop with a taut line hitch.you now have a loop that is adjustable,and will stay where you put it.put this loop between the suspension loop and the linx loop.you now can adjust your linx to how ever you want it.can be factory tight or 2 inches hang your choice .it takes little effort to slide a knot. good venting.oh tie a knot in the end of the main line so it cant come through the taut line hitch.that way it cant undo the loop.one more thing if you vent this way leave the bottom where it is and lower the head end.you can reach your head end knots without getting up, just reach above your head work your knots ,and your linx will rise to the ocasion .
    The reason for shock cord being recommended is when you have a loose/vented quilt, even snug, there's always that time you catch your foot on it getting in/out, or something else. With a good length of shock cord. You can get as caught up as you'd (probably not) like in it without worry about ripping your quilt.
    Happy New Year!

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    The reason for shock cord being recommended is when you have a loose/vented quilt, even snug, there's always that time you catch your foot on it getting in/out, or something else. With a good length of shock cord. You can get as caught up as you'd (probably not) like in it without worry about ripping your quilt.
    Happy New Year!
    nice input,i guess you could leave it attached on the exit entry side like it is from warbonnet,while putting the adjustable loop on the other two loops and vent along one side and not the end.happy new year to you too.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Maybe Brandon will make a 40 degree version? I am going to order a Lynx and just wanted to know in asking the question on venting as everything I am reading is, commented, " Just hook it up and rack out with no adjusting or fiddle factor". "Very simple!" Being a cold sleeper, I wanted some input on venting. It would be very simple to vent, but had not read where anybody vented. Its winter and cold and wouldn't expect anybody to vent in this season of hanging but looking at the spring and early summer hanging season if I were using the Lynx in 20 or 0 degree version.

My 50 degree Jarbridge fits very nicely and my 40 overstuffed UQ from UGQ fits good as well. With the 40 from UGQ you have to leave the saddle bags inside between hammock and quilt but will work when I want to use them in summer. Jarbridge is a very good fit however as its narrower. My 20 degree UQ by UGQ with 2 oz of overstuffing is too huge and heavy to use the saddle bags as it has to ride in the middle about 6" above the sides of the RR and is workable but would rather have a more perfect fit of a quilt so the Lynx and the questions I am asking is the reason. Will get one! After all,,for all types of hanging, one cannot have enough quilts now, can we?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast