Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    since im not going to be wandering around too much, ill be happy to man the demo as needed, and if nothing else ill be in the background hanging....demonstrating how comfortable it is, and how much im snoring will be a testament to hammocks capabilities..
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    since im not going to be wandering around too much, ill be happy to man the demo as needed, and if nothing else ill be in the background hanging....demonstrating how comfortable it is, and how much im snoring will be a testament to hammocks capabilities..
    That's as good a demonstration as any REV
    I plan to be there at the hammock demo area from start to finish Sat with the exception of eating, bathroom breaks, & wandering the festival at times as long as we have several people in the demo area to answer hammock questions.
    BTW, you don't have to be a long time hammocker to help answer questions in the demo area. Any of us may run into questions we can't answer. All we can do is give them an honest "I don't know, but I'll see if I can find out"
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    I'm hoping Timberrr and I get some hiking in on Friday. I suspect we will spend most of Saturday at the festival if the crowds are not too bad. I know my daughter wants to see the ponies. I don't think she ever forgave me for getting rid of hers when she was 6.

Since the group site is near a parking area, do we have to worry about leaving any gear at the campsite?
    Last edited by Gumbo; 09-16-2011 at 17:12. Reason: I can't spell and hate looking back over a post and seeing a mistake.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    I should be there on Thursday afternoon. Probably have to hike in to Wise Shelter and hang for the night. A little hiking Friday morning and back to group site by 0900/1000. I'll have a boat load of stuff to off-load Friday - fire wood (pecan from GA), Set up large tarp (12x24), arrange picnic tables, camp cook set, dutch ovens, cooler(s), gas bottle, pots, Coleman stove, water igloo, etc.
    I'll be doing some Sat morning cooking and Helping Gumbo Sat evening.
    I'm also going to hang some stuff at the demo area - hopefully close enough to others that one person can work more than one set of hammocks, thereby allowing each of us to spend some time at the festival and do the other chores.
    My list is LONG!!!!!!!!
    I'm up for lunch on Sunday.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    French loaves, baguettes or cuban bread is fine. Thanks!
    Gumbo,

Which type of rice do you want for the gumbo? I'm bringing my Charleston rice steamer which should allow me to make about 2 qts finished product.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Gumbo,

Which type of rice do you want for the gumbo? I'm bringing my Charleston rice steamer which should allow me to make about 2 qts finished product.
    My personal preference is jasmine rice, but white rice is fine too (and less expensive). If 2 quarts is 8 cups, that should be enough rice for 12 people. A serving of gumbo is roughly 3/4 c rice and 1 1/4 cup gumbo. Based on over thirty campers (did we want to invite the park rangers?) That comes to about three batches of rice.

Does that sound right?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    My personal preference is jasmine rice, but white rice is fine too (and less expensive). If 2 quarts is 8 cups, that should be enough rice for 12 people. A serving of gumbo is roughly 3/4 c rice and 1 1/4 cup gumbo. Based on over thirty campers (did we want to invite the park rangers?) That comes to about three batches of rice.

Does that sound right?
    I think yes. I'll probably have to bring a couple more pots to get it all done about the same time. It takes about 35 minutes in the steamer. Maybe more with a full steamer. Guess I'll get some "hot" storage bags also to hold the batches done early.
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    I think yes. I'll probably have to bring a couple more pots to get it all done about the same time. It takes about 35 minutes in the steamer. Maybe more with a full steamer. Guess I'll get some "hot" storage bags also to hold the batches done early.
    I have an 4 quart pot for rice if you need it. The rice does not need to be very hot for the gumbo. When you pour the gumbo over the rice it will reheat pretty fast.

When I cooked for the FL Hang last year, I cooked the rice before I even left home and just brought it in gallon size zip lock bags and threw them in the cooler. When it was time to use it we reheated the bags my soaking them in hot water for a few minutes. It worked out fine.

There are plenty of ways to get this done, and I'm all for the path that is easiest/best for you. Thank you so much for all your help!

I'm looking forward to the gumbo myself. It's a winter dish in our home and here in Florida it's rare that it gets cooked before late October or November.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    I have an 4 quart pot for rice if you need it. The rice does not need to be very hot for the gumbo. When you pour the gumbo over the rice it will reheat pretty fast.

When I cooked for the FL Hang last year, I cooked the rice before I even left home and just brought it in gallon size zip lock bags and threw them in the cooler. When it was time to use it we reheated the bags my soaking them in hot water for a few minutes. It worked out fine.

There are plenty of ways to get this done, and I'm all for the path that is easiest/best for you. Thank you so much for all your help!

I'm looking forward to the gumbo myself. It's a winter dish in our home and here in Florida it's rare that it gets cooked before late October or November.
    Great idea. since I'm bringing a bunch of stuff needing a cooler, I can do just taht with the rice. Will save a bunch of pots and mostly "time".
    Thanks for the tip.
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Great idea. since I'm bringing a bunch of stuff needing a cooler, I can do just taht with the rice. Will save a bunch of pots and mostly "time".
    Thanks for the tip.
    If you're going to put bags in hot water may I suggest you use the "freezer" zip locks not the storage for safety.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast