Hammock
    Tenth Wonder Bivi Hornet XL
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Was out today testing a possible pulk system. Which was sort of doomed as I did not have enough stuff in the shed to make it right. But learned stuff for later. All that hammock gear I have purchased is heavy, so a pulk is sort of part of my hammock gear.

In the summer I can use a lot ligher sleeping bag, quilt, leave the bottom part of the hammock at home, less clothes, etc...so then it should be OK to carry on my back. And hopefully my stamina will hav ebuilt itself up a lot :-)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Was out today testing a possible pulk system. Which was sort of doomed as I did not have enough stuff in the shed to make it right. But learned stuff for later. All that hammock gear I have purchased is heavy, so a pulk is sort of part of my hammock gear.

In the summer I can use a lot ligher sleeping bag, quilt, leave the bottom part of the hammock at home, less clothes, etc...so then it should be OK to carry on my back. And hopefully my stamina will hav ebuilt itself up a lot :-)
    Don't forget the frying pan next time and you can keep your stamina up with sausages

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Don't forget the frying pan next time and you can keep your stamina up with sausages
    So you saw that, did you :-)
    The good thing about sausages is that they can be put on a stick, no need for a frying pan. :-)

Her eis what he is reffering to:

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Webb & buckl.
    Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUPnxiXxAd8

Thats what inspired me to use the Jerven bag. Well, my little daytime test will soon find out whats is feasible.

Rune
    Looks like she is using the jerven thermo XL. Its double witdt from the thermo hunter. Don't forget pictures or it didn't happen =)

Harstad
    If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it.

I am learning from my mistakes, so I can make better and bigger mistakes.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    So you saw that, did you :-)
    The good thing about sausages is that they can be put on a stick, no need for a frying pan. :-)

Her eis what he is reffering to:

Cool! Looks like my trips minus the snow! Always forgetting something, trying some new trick that doesn't work in the end, huffing and puffing because my stamina isn't up to speed... Still, no failure - it was beautiful and a day well spent imho. Makes me homesick too..

How cold was it there that day? Maybe you say it in the film, but I was watching it at work so I couldn't have the sound on the whole time.. Would it help somewhat with stability if you tied the pulk in the corners, or had the tie-off points on the sides a couple of dm back from the front? Maybe adding a pair of miniskis or just curved wooden sticks as "pontoons"?

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
    Cool! Looks like my trips minus the snow! Always forgetting something, trying some new trick that doesn't work in the end, huffing and puffing because my stamina isn't up to speed... Still, no failure - it was beautiful and a day well spent imho. Makes me homesick too..

How cold was it there that day? Maybe you say it in the film, but I was watching it at work so I couldn't have the sound on the whole time.. Would it help somewhat with stability if you tied the pulk in the corners, or had the tie-off points on the sides a couple of dm back from the front? Maybe adding a pair of miniskis or just curved wooden sticks as "pontoons"?
    Haha, glad you liked it.
    It was around -10 celcis (14*F) degrees so not so cold really. I could have put on more clothes. I was only wearing a t-shirt under the jacket as any kind of physical activity leaves me soaked in sweat.

Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL 4,5x3 Coyote
    Insulation
    DD Snugpak UB
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Most of the gear, save the hammock arrived today :-)

The sleeping bag was a right monster! All of it looks like good quality gear. But will make a vid of it when I set the whole thing up. So far I ave rigged a ridge line, held in position with prussik knots. Tomorrow I'll spend the afternoon making guy lines for the tarp and possible test hang the hammock that they tell me will arrive tomorrow :-)

Woohoo!

Wrote a longer unboxing report for the Nordisk Bushcraft Forum that you can see here. It's in Norwegian but pictures speak English.

http://www.bushcraft.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Looking forward to seeing the vid, I'm gonna check out your link and see how my Norgie fairs

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Most of the gear, save the hammock arrived today :-)

The sleeping bag was a right monster! All of it looks like good quality gear. But will make a vid of it when I set the whole thing up. So far I ave rigged a ridge line, held in position with prussik knots. Tomorrow I'll spend the afternoon making guy lines for the tarp and possible test hang the hammock that they tell me will arrive tomorrow :-)

Woohoo!

Wrote a longer unboxing report for the Nordisk Bushcraft Forum that you can see here. It's in Norwegian but pictures speak English.

http://www.bushcraft.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24
    Ah, the memories... I unpacked the same stuff from DD Hammocks myself The uq really warms more than I expected, but it'll be interesting to see if it holds up to the conditions in your video above.

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Congrats on the new gear, always feels like a birthday when things are being delivered

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the quilt, i've seen someone report they have been to -12c with the snugpak (can't remember where now though ) and a sleeping bag, I was VERY warm at 0c anyway.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast