WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    I like the updated interface for building the double layer, and the initial choice between the 60" and the 90".

What is on the right of the Whoopie Hook Suspension picture? Are those two tree hugger extensions with loops in the end?
    http://www.dream-hammock.com/#ecwid:...roduct=9526942

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
    I like the updated interface for building the double layer, and the initial choice between the 60" and the 90".

What is on the right of the Whoopie Hook Suspension picture? Are those two tree hugger extensions with loops in the end?
    http://www.dream-hammock.com/#ecwid:...roduct=9526942
    I renamed the Dream 60 & 90 to Crinkle 60 & 90 and changed the way the 2nd layer works because down the road I may offer this same hammock in different fabrics. Don't want to paint myself into a corner with the names.

Those are the stock loops that Dutch provides in the Whoopie Hook suspension kit. They are not included on the Dream Hammock upgrade as the hammock is already equipped with 7/64" Chain Links. I guess I need to shoot my own photo without those in the kit. Here's a photo of the ones actually provided on the hammock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am still very much looking forward to buying a DangerBird. I see them on “Projects” page but not in the “Shop”. Are you still making/selling them?
    Always have a Plan B C D and E! - Arson

I 100% believe “Normal is Boring!"

Does Shug ever put out a bad video?

"Man up and get back up to the top of the food chain Mr. Omnivore. That McDonalds didn't grow out of a Avacodo bush.” - MrClean417

"The trick to living and learning is actually living." - Cannibal

"He who would travel happily must travel light."
    - Antonine Marie Roger de Saint-Exupery

"Backpacking is the art of knowing what not to take."
    - Sheridan Anderson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardHanger View Post
    I am still very much looking forward to buying a DangerBird. I see them on “Projects” page but not in the “Shop”. Are you still making/selling them?
    It'll happen, but in a deliberate controlled way.

The goal is to add all the individual components that make up the DangerBird & RoamingGnome (net, net/cover combo, zipper hoods, peak bags, ridgeline organizer, etc)

This will essentially allow one to start with a base Dream Hammock and build their own DangerBird or RoamingGnome without the 20-25 emails that are required now.

The tradeoff will be the limiting of fabrics & sizes available.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Those are the stock loops that Dutch provides in the Whoopie Hook suspension kit. They are not included on the Dream Hammock upgrade as the hammock is already equipped with 7/64" Chain Links. I guess I need to shoot my own photo without those in the kit. Here's a photo of the ones actually provided on the hammock.
    Are the chain links required/needed for a Whoopie Hook suspension? Does the fixed end of the whoopie not larkshead directly onto the whipped end of the hammock? Maybe I'm missing something. And this is probably not the appropriate place for that question

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
    Are the chain links required/needed for a Whoopie Hook suspension? Does the fixed end of the whoopie not larkshead directly onto the whipped end of the hammock? Maybe I'm missing something. And this is probably not the appropriate place for that question
    Yes, the whoopie slings are installed backwards from what we're used to and the whoopie hooks does indeed hook onto the chain link.

See this illustration that Dutch has on his site.
    http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/wp-c...opie-hooks.pdf

When purchasing a regular set of whoopie slings with the Dream Hammock, they are installed on the hammock instead of the chain links by threading the fixed end through the channel.

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    The site raises more questions to me than it gives answers. Not bad questions, just, "I'd like to know more so I can dream how to spend money with you" questions. The Dangerbird looks really interesting, but how much does it weigh and how does the bug net close and is it detachable and is a second layer available and can the overcover be used as an undercover to protect my underquilt kind of questions.

Anyway, your site is on my "favorites" list and I'll check back much more often than you'll be adding updates.
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    GoLiteTQ/3SPhoenix
    Suspension
    DG whoopies + MSH
    Images
    Thanks for the explanation on the Whoopie Hook suspension. That makes complete sense and I'm not quite sure how I hadn't noticed that before when looking at that setup

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest + Eureka chrysalis
    Insulation
    WL UQ+Bag4Chrysals
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    papasmurf, I was wondering if perhaps you could make a dangerbird notify list? Everyone that wants to order one, can put themselves on that list (google docs has some very easy and cool ways to do something like this). So that when the hammock becomes available in the deliberate and controlled way, you have a nice list of potential customers that will be very happy receiving an email telling them about the good news.

I know that I'd immediately sign up to such a list and have already put funding aside to get one. I do hope you can offer a not-too-expensive delivery option to Europe though.

Anyway, I've been looking at a LOT of hammocks, never really deciding on one because there was always something I didn't like and they didn't seem to add "enough" to the ones I already have to warranty a buy. The dangerbird is exactly what I've been looking for. I've read all the compliments you've received on this design already in other posts/threads and I agree wholeheartedly with each and everyone of them. This thing looks genius. The only way to find out if it really is genius for me, is to try one, which I hope I'll be able to do at some point.

Edit: Forgot to add my questions.
    1. I've seen some pretty color modifications on the dangerbird. I was wondering if something like this would be possible too: bordeaux red colored hammock and a bright green overcover, but the triangles where you stuff the overcover and bugnet are in the color of the overcover so that there's always two different colors showing, even if the overcover is not deployed. The other way around is cool too. I do like pretty colors.
    2. Is there also a possibility to make the hammock a little wider ?
    3. And as many people, I wish I'd found this hammock sooner so I could've ordered one when you were still taking orders. Ah well... the slight disadvantage of having this abundance of information at ones fingertips called "hammockforums". Sometimes it just takes a while and a whole lot of reading to find a true gem.
    Last edited by kreecher; 02-28-2012 at 18:27. Reason: forgot some questions I wanted to ask

Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Perhaps there's a better solution nearer your home?
    maybe, but I ordered hammock with mozi net from Thailand, 35 € incl.posting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I like: my 50 cc scooter, pizza, cola.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast