Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    BER, that's kind of you.

Nick, in that case, I won't send you the Cloud, but I hereby resolve to give it some more testing this summer and post my impressions. I don't see the lack of end caps as a problem, and I'll rig my own bugnet and bottom insulation. FWIW, I found it at least as comfortable (perhaps moreso) that the Eureka and the Grizbridge, but those two were early versions of each, so comparisons may not mean much.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    If there is a DIY category I'll put in a GrizzBridge. There have been changes over the years and I would have my current preferences reflected.

As I won't really be able to make one until September, I'm glad this is a long lived project!
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Looking forward to reading/seeing the review to come and it sounds like it will be very thorough from all the suggestions that have been posted. I currently own a GrizzBridge and while I have found it (and most everyone that has tried it) to be the most comfortable hammock I have ("Gulp") been thinking on selling it............I am a gram wheenie and I have a new hammock with net coming in at a little over 9oz ( think it's around 9.6oz but my memory stinks) that was DIY'd by a friend and it is super comfy, not as comfy as the GB but I just can't bring myself to take it with me.

Look forward to the specs of the other bridge's and hopefully it will change my mind (and my user (backpacking) hammock).
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    All your missing is a JRB UL thrown into the mix!

You might compare some of these hammocks with pad use. I find the JRB with pad pocket to be about the best hammock I have ever used with a pad. Plus has an added advantage of actually widening the shoulder area at least with some pads. It would be interesting to see if all the bridge hammocks work about as well with pads.

And as I think has already been mentioned, how much interference there is with tarps by the spreader bars.
    I will add the pad test to this review and yes the spreader bars in tarps has been mentioned.

Thanks

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    If there is a DIY category I'll put in a GrizzBridge. There have been changes over the years and I would have my current preferences reflected.

As I won't really be able to make one until September, I'm glad this is a long lived project!
    Sounds good,

I would love to see the GrizzBridge featured in a DIY category

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    It would also be great to test out some underquilts for this video. I will showcase the JRB MT.WASHINGTON 4.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BackPackHiker View Post
    It would also be great to test out some underquilts for this video. I will showcase the JRB MT.WASHINGTON 4.
    It might work just as well with with all the other hammocks in your test, or some other quilts might work as well with the JRB BMBH.

But: except possibly for a Speer PeaPod around a Claytor No Net or Expedition hammock, it is hard for me to imagine any quilt/hammock combo working better than the standard BMBH ( actually for me the original BMBH) and a JRB MW4. There are essentially no adjustments to be made, you just run hammock loops through quilt loops and attach hammock loops to the JRB suspension biners. Which results in no gaps each and every time, and no place for cold air to seep between quilt and hammock ends. Plus, you can not roll off of the quilt and it can not slip off of a shoulder. And if you need a temp boost, you still have the wonderful JRB pad pocket. Seems very hard to beat to me.

Guess I am starting to sound a little biased. Best with pad, best hammock/quilt combo= JRB MW4/BMBH. But your tests might turn up something better!

Something slightly different

Quote Originally Posted by BackPackHiker View Post
    Sounds good,

I would love to see the GrizzBridge featured in a DIY category
    If a DIY category is to be created, I would like to submit one of the dblhmmck models (single occupancy). I believe the distance between spreader bars is a full foot shorter than most other models. I also incorporate a very narrow foot end. I would love to know how those features would be percieved by others. Please let me know if you would like for me to send one. I would be happy to do it.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Sky Bed
    Tarp
    HB Sky Tent 2
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    BOM Micro Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    If a DIY category is to be created, I would like to submit one of the dblhmmck models (single occupancy). I believe the distance between spreader bars is a full foot shorter than most other models. I also incorporate a very narrow foot end. I would love to know how those features would be percieved by others. Please let me know if you would like for me to send one. I would be happy to do it.
    dblhmmck, I would love to test out your product in this review, I look forward to seeing how it compares to the other hammocks considering it has the smaller speader bars. I am sure it will do better in the Tarp Test.

I will bow out of this review as it seems our colleague is now requesting that the hammock be donated (not unreasonable given the possibility of damage from testing/multiple reviewers). Since this is my only bridge hammock at present, with no plans to make another in the foreseeable future, I will decline to participate.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast