Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    BB - Try power-cycling your Comcast router.

If that doesn't help, PM me with your IP address. We'll look at it from the server side and try to see if traffic is being blocked between HF's server and your router.
    Same thing was happening to me. Unable to connect on all the computers on the network. Tried it under both Windows and Google Chrome.
    Took the laptop to the library and it worked fine there.
    I emailed Just Jeff with my IP address to see if it had gotten blocked at their end.
    That afternoon, it started working again at home on all computers.
    Went along fine for several days. Made posts and sent PM's to buy something on the For Sale forum.
    Then I saw your post and just as I was clicking on the muse to open it to reply and it locked up again!! Another couple of days of HF withdrawal.
    Now it is back on again.

Who knows? It's all smoke and mirrors anyway.
    DKPerdue

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I am connecting directly through my Comcast cable. Spent some time last night with CC tech support, confirming it is not the cable modem. Since I can connect easily through it, as long as I leave the router out of the loop. With the router- either wireless or via the router's ethernet direct wired connection, no HF. Everything else, just no HF. I was going to try what AS said and send him my IP address, and I still might. But there is a new problem since I have reset the router, I can not establish a secured network. Windows will not even ask for the password, it just refuses to sign on and Windows trouble shooting is no help.

So, I am probably just going to head down to WM and get a new router. It seems like I have to reboot ( disconnect power ) this router way to often any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Seems you never did a hard reset of the router.
    Don't forget to get one that's capable of transmitting then new HF channel and all its virtual reality games --it'll take a lot of bandwidth, being 3D and Dolby 5.1 -- out to your iPad 4 on the back 40.
    Whatever.
    No, I think did actually, at least as much as I am capable of accomplishing such. A manual reset of both the router and finally also of the Comcast cable modem, pressing the button on the back with a pen, and holding it down for 45 seconds. This wiped out my home network, giving me an unsecured network called D-Link. Which worked great with all web-sites other than HF.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I have been unable to connect to the forum for over a week. I keep getting this:
    Method Not Implemented
    GET to / not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Firefox will not access the forum. All my other website addresses work fine. For an experiment I loaded IE was able to log in.
    BillBob if it makes a difference I use comcast as well.
    I don't believe I have changed or updated anything just one day HF is there and the next it is not. I got the same error message the first time the forum went down a couple weeks ago.
    If it makes a difference I have the auto logon selected so I never really log off the site.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkperdue View Post
    Same thing was happening to me. Unable to connect on all the computers on the network. Tried it under both Windows and Google Chrome.
    Took the laptop to the library and it worked fine there.
    I emailed Just Jeff with my IP address to see if it had gotten blocked at their end.
    That afternoon, it started working again at home on all computers.
    Went along fine for several days. Made posts and sent PM's to buy something on the For Sale forum.
    Then I saw your post and just as I was clicking on the muse to open it to reply and it locked up again!! Another couple of days of HF withdrawal.
    Now it is back on again.

Who knows? It's all smoke and mirrors anyway.
    I am back in business this morning, after I sent my IP address to AS per his directions. Hr found NOTHING blocking me, but he "whitelisted me just in case last night. When I checked this morning before leaving for work, all is right again, no problems at all! Did the white list fix it? Who knows.

I may get a new router anyway. When I get home I will see if I can establish a secure network ( now I have been having trouble with that ). If not, here I come WallyWorld for a new router.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, everybody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    No, I think did actually, at least as much as I am capable of accomplishing such. A manual reset of both the router and finally also of the Comcast cable modem, pressing the button on the back with a pen, and holding it down for 45 seconds. This wiped out my home network, giving me an unsecured network called D-Link. Which worked great with all web-sites other than HF.

I am back in business this morning, after I sent my IP address to AS per his directions. Hr found NOTHING blocking me, but he "whitelisted me just in case last night. When I checked this morning before leaving for work, all is right again, no problems at all! Did the white list fix it? Who knows.

I may get a new router anyway. When I get home I will see if I can establish a secure network ( now I have been having trouble with that ). If not, here I come WallyWorld for a new router.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, everybody!
    Glad to see you are back on BB58.

I am still having issues and it is only with HF all other sites load fine.
    This morning I complelety uninstalled Firefox and downloaded a new copy of FF11. Nope did not help. If I use IE no problem.

Images
    Maybe u should send your IP (public) to AS? See what's going on ?
    Works on IE? Never even thought to try that.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I'll be glad to look at it if you PM your IP to me. But, if you can get on with IE but not Firefox, I'm inclined to think it is a browser problem.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, and Safari. All seem to work fine for me.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    I'll be glad to look at it if you PM your IP to me. But, if you can get on with IE but not Firefox, I'm inclined to think it is a browser problem.

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, and Safari. All seem to work fine for me.
    Thank you AS. Please excuse my IT ignorance but I have no idea how to find my IP addy. I'll go google and see if I can get it.

EDIT: that wasn't too hard. Pasted the steps for others should they want to know.
    1.Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar.
    2.Click 'Run...' on this menu.
    3.Type 'cmd' in the text box that appears. A command prompt window launches on the desktop.
    4.In this command window, type 'ipconfig /all'. Details are shown for each of the computer's network adapters.
    Computers installed with VPN software or emulation software will possess one or more virtual adapters.
    5.The 'IP Address' field states the current IP address for that network adapter.
    6.The 'Physical Address' field states the MAC address for that adapter.

AS, PM inbound.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 03-14-2012 at 10:52.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB
    Tarp
    GG, DIY
    Insulation
    CCF + 40* mummy
    Suspension
    Amsteel UCR
    Images
    Alas, that may not be your "public" ip, the one that hammock forums sees.
    go to http://whatismyip.com and that address is the one you want to send to AS.
    Share files across all your devices with Dropbox (that's where I keep my Hangin' pics)
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTU3OTM3ODc5

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phatpenguin View Post
    Alas, that may not be your "public" ip, the one that hammock forums sees.
    go to http://whatismyip.com and that address is the one you want to send to AS.

Yep I just found that out. It give me the addy behind my firewall.
    The http://whatismyip.com gave me the correct info.

That said Firefox still will not access the forum. IE does.

I'm still getting even after a complete uninstall re install, clearing all history, cookies, and cashe.

Method Not Implemented

GET to / not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

I'll just use IE to access the forum from now on.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123