1.1 SL BB or 1.1 SL Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat dlx & std
    Insulation
    down UQs
    Suspension
    Whoopie+DB+hugger
    Images
    Got the email with shipping info on my Winter Incubator today! Ordered Nov. 4th. So Yay!
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Glad to get happy folks on here.... As we said before, we're working on getting all October and most of November orders out by the end of this week, so hang on!!
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Thanks. Still waiting with baited breath.....
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Just heard last night, my 3S Incubator is on the way. Now the wait anticipating arrival....

I'll be testing it out this weekend, along with a borrowed tarp from a NEW cottage tarp maker. Move to follow....
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Awfully quiet on here... Oh yeah, it's 4:30AM, and we haven't clocked out, yet.

Just a quick post... We were able to get very close to our goal of getting most of our orders out that were made prior to mid-November. We'll be working through the weekend and next week to try and get all orders out up to Black Friday. This will help us to focus on the Black Friday orders and the new orders since then. We're getting there! Thanks a million for your patience!

Just keeping ya'all posted.

Stormcrow just crawled out to go to bed.
    Wuss.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    Just a quick post... We were able to get very close to our goal of getting most of our orders out that were made prior to mid-November.
    Not that it matters but on Oct 21. I asked Hammock Gears some questions in an email

Quote:

I am about to receive my WBBB from Brandon so I will need an under and top quilt. Your Winter Incubator and Winter Burrow looks right to me. Though I have a question about overfill down. Why? To make it warmer? More lasting?
    What is the back side of overfill besides added weight and bulk?
    Kind regards.
    Torben Bo Hansen

On Oct. 23 I got this answer

Quote:

Hi Torben - Forgive me - We have a insane amount of backlog of emails to answer.* I want to take the time and respond to them well.* I am manning the operation for several days and dozens of emails and production shipping is whipping me!* ** I'll be sure to get back to you when I get a bit of sleep (4AM now!).* Thanks!

So on Oct. 25. still not having heard from Hammock Gear I just went along and ordered what I perceived to be the best products for my needs namely

Products
    ------------------------------------------------------
    1 x Winter Incubator (WIN_INCUBATOR) = $314.00
    Color Stealth Black
    Fill Type 900+ Fill Down
    Overfill none
    1 x The Burrow - Winter (WN_BURROW) = $354.00
    Color Stealth Black
    Fill Type 900+ Fill Down
    Footbox Sewn Footbox
    Length Long
    Overfill none

Somehow I had missed the possibility to get the quilts in Camo so on Dec. 3. I wrote Hammock Gear

Quote:

Hi Adam.
    If you have not started on my order (no. 149), I would like to change the color from Stealth Black to Camo.
    Best of wishes,
    Torben

All this is a bit disappointing to me since I am 6 foot 4 inches tall and the possibility of getting the quilts in an extra large version have not been an option, maybe because of lack of communication. Anyway I trust that Hammock Gear will provide a product of sublime quality worth the waiting time and I have absolutely no complaints what so ever since Hammock Gear at the moment is a company with a more than full order book.

Hammock
    Torben - I appreciate you letting me know... I was confused when I read your question for Dec 3rd. I did a search for your name in our email. A couple of them have turned up neck-deep in spam. While we re-formatted everything so spam filters won't steal our customers' emails, yours went into the pit of nowhere.
    We have already packed up your orders and you should have received an email confirmation. I am going to go back and read the missed emails, and see what we can do to remedy the situation. I will be emailing you shortly. Thanks, Torben, for the alert!!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Torben - I appreciate you letting me know... I was confused when I read your question for Dec 3rd. I did a search for your name in our email. A couple of them have turned up neck-deep in spam. While we re-formatted everything so spam filters won't steal our customers' emails, yours went into the pit of nowhere.
    We have already packed up your orders and you should have received an email confirmation. I am going to go back and read the missed emails, and see what we can do to remedy the situation. I will be emailing you shortly. Thanks, Torben, for the alert!!
    Take your time. No hurry. I understand your “perils” (read blessings), and that demand for your product is overwhelming at the moment. Production must have first priority in your line of work, it being a small family business and it being in the best interest of the consumer.

Again, do take your time. I have ordered from you not to engage in the exchange of emails, but in the belief that I will receive, at some point, state of the art quilts.

Hammock
    Torben, you are very forgiving and gracious! Thank you. We are grateful for your kindness, but we do understand it is very important for customers to communicate with us. We are hoping the improved method of keeping up will make the long wait a thing of the past.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Torben, you are very forgiving
    I might be, but not in this case. There is nothing to forgive. I have asked and paid for 2 quilts. Nothing more or less. You keep your part of the bargain as I have kept mine.
    And then enjoy your success in these economically so hard times for so many of us.
    And again. I have paid for quilts and quilts I want. Not emails.

And TTT.
    Things Take Time.
    Especially quality.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast