Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My SP is lost

My SP is lost/now found

My swichback was out for delivery today so I checked my mail and a key was there for the larger packages. I was thrilled until the key would not work. I was not to worried because when out mailboxes are full she uses the mail box around the corrner and leaves the key for them... I hop in my car and go to the boxes around the corrner and the mail lady is still there so I tell her the key is not working. She tells me to go try again and if it does not work to just put the key back in my box because she will be right over there when she is done to get my package out and bring it to my door... Well it did not work, and true to her word she pulled up in front of my house with a package and left... I did not even look at the name and opened it up to find some flower print jackets so I looked at the name and it was not even my address. It was the lady's down the street so I had to go deliver her package and exlain why I opened it...I am so pissed right now because the tracking now says it was delivered but I can't even contact my post office to see what my mail lady did with it..
    Last edited by spaceweaseal; 10-04-2011 at 15:40.

Images
    If you got someone else's package, I can't imagine where yours was delivered.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I get other people mail all the time and I wonder about every package I have coming. One time I accidently opened up the neighbors $18,000 credit card bill. Little emabarassing to then deliver it.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    If you got someone else's package, I can't imagine where yours was delivered.
    We have keyed mailboxes and when we get packages that are too large for our box there are bigger boxes they get put in the bigger lock boxes and a key is placed in ours...there are several main mail boxes in our neighborhood that has a large box that is labeled 2p, ( which was the key I had) so it could be any where...I went back down to the mailboxes and there have not been any keys used on the set of mailboxes that my box is in so I have no idea.. If you use a key on the larger boxes, the key locks in so you can't remove it, that way the mail man can get them the next day and there are no keys in those boxes... I hope that my package is still in one of those boxes that are still locked but I can't find out anything until tomorrow when the PO opens and they can contact my mail lady to she what the he'll she did...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I get other people mail all the time and I wonder about every package I have coming. One time I accidently opened up the neighbors $18,000 credit card bill. Little emabarassing to then deliver it.
    I feel like a jackarsh for opening up the lady's package but it looked and felt to be the right weight.... I now know to always check the name on it... I did not even think about it since I had to track the mail lady down, and then she delivered it to my door so I just thought it was my hammock...
    Last edited by spaceweaseal; 10-03-2011 at 20:20.

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I ordered from Arrowhead and when the package (USPS) didn't arrive I checked online and it said they left a delivery notice. Well, I'd been home all day and there was no note on the door. Paul was ready to ship another package when (3 days later) they found it. I kept going back to the PO to find out where it was delivered. They never said where they found it. I've lost faith in most every carrier. UPS and USPS are the worst, though.

Hope it turns up for you soon.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Well it may turn out OK.
    I called my post office and I actually got to talk to my mail lady. She said that she would make me her first stop today and that my package should be in one of the lock boxes. She will call me and drop it off in person. She will also go to the neighbor who's package I opened and had to deliver and explain to her what happened. I just hope she did not put the key in someone else's mail box and they got my package, and if so I hope they
    bring it to me...
    Now all I can do is wait to see what happens.

I got it...
    The mail lady had it in a box that was on a different street than mine.....
    This hammock is very nice and I can't wait to hang in it...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    I got it...
    The mail lady had it in a box that was on a different street than mine.....
    This hammock is very nice and I can't wait to hang in it...
    Good to hear! I bet you'll appreciate this hammock all the more now!

$18,000 credit card bill? Where do you live!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast