View Poll Results: To Hike or not to hike

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hike the 1/4 mile day 1 then 7 miles to campsite 2 and 7 miles to shuttle cars making a loop.

3 25.00%
  • Hike the 1/4 mile day 1 then 7 miles to campsite 2 and then 7 miles back to original starting point.

1 8.33%
  • Hike the 1/4 mile day 1 then day 2 3 miles set up camp then do day hikes

3 25.00%
  • Just make a plan as a group night one around campfire.

5 41.67%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by jloden View Post
    You can put me down for a maybe on this one, it's a bit early for me to tell if I can make it but I'd like to do a Feb outing to keep up with my once a month trip schedule

I gathered the dates are 18-20th of Feb, and we're planning to do a hike in for this one rather than car camping. Are we definitely meeting at the Quehanna trail? I tried to read the rest of the thread but I couldn't tell if that was the final decision or not.

-Jay
    I am scouting the trail saturday for campsites the plan is to car camp night 1 then go 6 miles camp nite 2 and 6 miles out on sunday the 20th this will be a level loop for safe easier winter travel. Day 1 will include a group meal . I know what trails we are doing just picking the best campsites and this is the marion brooks natural area it is surrounded by the Quehanna trail hope that explains it better

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Hennessy so far
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Muletape web/rings
    Well jimr, got a little snow today, poss more by sat. Gettin' gear together and will see ya sat. morning.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    I packed the pulk sled and have a day pack for the scout any snow the sled slides well. it's going to be cold wind chill 0 ° F

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge (Spinn UL)
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Multimat
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by medicjimr View Post
    I know what trails we are doing just picking the best campsites and this is the marion brooks natural area it is surrounded by the Quehanna trail hope that explains it better
    Yikes just google map searched that, it's a bit far for me. I'll have to think about this one... if anyone in the Hunterdon county NJ area wants to carpool shoot me a PM

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jloden View Post
    Yikes just google map searched that, it's a bit far for me. I'll have to think about this one... if anyone in the Hunterdon county NJ area wants to carpool shoot me a PM
    Hope you can make it, Jay! How many stoves are you bringing this time......? It's 6+ hours drive for me; so, I plan to drive up on Thursday (02/17) and get a room at the Benezette Hotel - about $30 - if you want to share? I kinda know the area and it's a very short ride Friday over to the P-Lot.

Get this! I have been to every store in Northern VA and no one has a sled! I've even hit 3 thrift shops - nothing! Need to find/make a pulk and soon!
    Happy Trails,
    J.D.

I never drink water. I'm afraid it will become habit-forming.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge (Spinn UL)
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Multimat
    Suspension
    WB cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
    Hope you can make it, Jay! How many stoves are you bringing this time......? It's 6+ hours drive for me; so, I plan to drive up on Thursday (02/17) and get a room at the Benezette Hotel - about $30 - if you want to share? I kinda know the area and it's a very short ride Friday over to the P-Lot.

Get this! I have been to every store in Northern VA and no one has a sled! I've even hit 3 thrift shops - nothing! Need to find/make a pulk and soon!
    Just one stove this time, gotta pack it in on foot, remember? Well I guess I could bring a pulk for extra stoves if Knotty's coming

Thanks for the offer J.D. but I will probably just drive up that day if I do go. Still on the fence a little but I would definitely like to see some of you all again and meet some new faces.

-Jay

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Trip may have to be postponed sorry for any inconvenience I was in a wreck today and vehicle is going to body shop hope to have back in time but no guarantees

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Trip may have to be postponed sorry for any inconvenience I was in a wreck today and vehicle is going to body shop hope to have back in time but no guarantees
    Ouch! Are YOU OK...?
    Happy Trails,
    J.D.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    3/4
    Suspension
    Strap Cinch buckle
    Ya I am fine will post the scout video later and will see damage I was merging onto interstate hit ice sling shotted across 2 lanes on westbound side into guardrail then facing eastbound thank god the 3 big trucks were 1/4 mile away I was able to make a quick U turn onto the other shoulder riped off the wheel shroud that was wrapped around my passenger tire and drove it 80 mile home I should have spent the nite but had a close call earlier and felt I better just come home after scouting the area got 5 " of snow .

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Ya I am fine will post the scout video later and will see damage I was merging onto interstate hit ice sling shotted across 2 lanes on westbound side into guardrail then facing eastbound thank god the 3 big trucks were 1/4 mile away I was able to make a quick U turn onto the other shoulder riped off the wheel shroud that was wrapped around my passenger tire and drove it 80 mile home I should have spent the nite but had a close call earlier and felt I better just come home after scouting the area got 5 " of snow .
    WHEW!!! Glad you are OK! Sounds way too exciting! And, trucks bearing down on you!

Jim, if you don't get your wheels back in time for the hike *AND* you still want to do it, I have a house in Saxonburg just south of Butler. I can stay there Thursday night and pick you up in Kittanning on Friday...? No problem for me.
    Happy Trails,
    J.D.

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast