Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captn View Post
    Wish I was there too ... Ended up working all weekend with one of my customer's plants going down at midnight
    We missed you brother, I understand priorities and look forward to seeing you and your first mate next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpy View Post
    Got back from Fairfield with the intentions of following Spivey (spelling) back to Fort Worth after he got his car started (big thanks to Rat). However, when everybody left, his car stalled and he could not start it. I offered him a ride home, but he worked with the park rangers and will stay another day at Fairfield.
    Glad you made it home. Thank you, Rat, ETH, Tim, Sandpiper, Kat and all the others who helped with the vehicle resurrection attempt. Gospidey, I'm glad you were with us buddy and hope that the peace of the extra night wipes out some of the stress of the car issues.

Thank you Sandpiper also for your cozy constructing and making sure the crime scene tape around Spaceweaseal's near death experience was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to UncleMJM and whoever else helped put this together. The family and I had a great time. It was real pleasure to meet everyone.
    Thank you for sharing your family with ours.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceweaseal View Post
    I had a great time this weekend and it was nice meeting everyone..
    Glad the tree Caveman pushed on you before this hang didn't kill you and I appreciate your contribution to the give away prize table. Please let the folks at BIAS know that you really did give it away and not keep the good piece of gear to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanna Bs View Post
    I hate that I can not remember the names of all I need to thank. Thanks Uncle Mike for throwing the party and all the work put into it. Thanks Throkda and wife for giving us an entire afternoon teaching us some of the tricks to hanging and loaning us the underquilts etc to hang warm. Thanks to Louis for loaning us tarps so we did not worry about predicted rain. Thanks to Katylyn? for the great lesson on prickley pears etc. Thanks to Chris for teaching my husband how to make Whoopee lines. Thanks to wonderful V8 stove making lady for giving me one of her stoves. I can hardly wait to try it. Thanks to all who brought more than an army could eat at the potluck. Thanks too all who showed us up close their hangs. Thanks to God for the beautiful weather and the beautiful world.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Thanks to Uncle Mike, Alan, and all the others who made this event an unqualified success. Thanks to Stove Man Dan and Underground Quilts for providing the swag my son and daughter-in-law won and the Venom Stove I got. He needed a hammock and tarp, and I needed the stove.

Breakfast was primo, the pot-luck even better.
    Glad you and your kin could join us Sarge. I'm looking forward to hearing Scout the Wonder Dog's impression of the weekend.

Hopefully Stoveman Dan can join us next time, I hear the idea of being a snowbird is appealing to folks up north. I hope Paul from UGQ is on the mend as well. Along with their unsolicited gifts to our prize table were some great accessories from Stu at WhoppieSlings who made the right choice to help with family rather than make the trek. We really appreciate each of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattelyn View Post
    What a wonderful weekend!

First thanks goes to Uncle Mike. It is through you that all of this happened. Your organizational skills, avid promotion of our hobby, and sheer charisma made all of this possible. Thank You!

And, I also want to give thanks for some of the best breakfast tacos in Texas. Those things are awesome! Your generosity was greatly appreciated by all.

Great food, campfires, music, fun stories, and more new friends at every turn... and a good night's sleep to round it all out. I can't wait til next year!
    Glad you were with us too and next year can't come quickly enough for a number of us.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    People, it was good to see all of you at what has become, in effect, a reunion. Thank you all, and I hope to see many of you soon @ Caddo.
    It was a family reunion and I'm glad you were part of it my friend. You and our growing family made for a memorable weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    Man, looks like it was a great time for all. Bummed I missed this one as it would have been a lot of fun meeting everyone...
    Your gifts were well appreciated and although you couldn't make the trip folks benefited from your participation. Be patient with the healing, and hopefully we can see you next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    It was an awesome weekend. That's to all for being so great!
    My words exactly Caveman. Please thank Reggie for bringing you along.

Rat and BF5 thanks for the pictures and wonderful fellowship.

Shane has started the Trip Report thread so if you haven't seen it, by all means click to it.

Alan, thank you for being there from the very beginning, all your support, your friendship, and for serving as a collection agency. In spite of the late cancellations and folks expected who were not able to make it, we have our expenses all covered now.
    Last edited by UncleMJM; 11-12-2012 at 11:53. Reason: Hit send before inclulding my favorite sisters

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Had a blast out this weekend... The ride out for me was paradise... The ride home not so much, rode through the only twin Texas got for 2.5 hours... Could see clearings in front and clearings behind but everywhere I went it was raining... Was worth it though... Learned a lot, made a few cool projects... Had some great sleep now that my system is coming up to fully functional... Enjoyed hanging out by the washing machine fire...

Thanks again to all the people that made this weekend a success uncle mjm and all the other people directly involved in it... Thanks to the teachers who taught everything from eating to how to make whoopie in the wood ... It was an awesome weekend and I hope to see you all next year...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    ENO SN (so far!)
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    looked like a good ol' time! My backyard wasnt as populated, but the hangin' weather was about the same.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    AHE JB, Puffer UQ
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattelyn View Post

To Buck: Thank you for playing and for letting me play with you. I had an absolute blast. It has been far too long since I got to knock off the rust. Hope I didn't mess you up too badly. :-D
    I had a blast to. I love playing with fiddles (Just play louder next time!!!)Didn't mess me up at all.

Rat....I'm working on Copperhead Road for next year

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I had a blast to. I love playing with fiddles (Just play louder next time!!!)Didn't mess me up at all.

Rat....I'm working on Copperhead Road for next year
    We need more classical music like that.

Guy Clark

Robert Earl Keen

Townes Van Zandt

Willis Alan Ramsey

Steven Fromholtz.

Some folks might question your Texan Heritage if'n you don't throw in sumpin like Pancho and Lefty, London Homesick Blues, The Road Goes On Forever, or Redneck Mothers (especially Redneck Mothers) every now and then.

Gotta give the old folks sumpin to sing along with-----

Hammock
    Dangerbird 11' Cobalt / Burgundy.
    Tarp
    Homemade Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps & buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    We need more classical music like that.

Guy Clark

Robert Earl Keen

Townes Van Zandt

Willis Alan Ramsey

Steven Fromholtz.

Some folks might question your Texan Heritage if'n you don't throw in sumpin like Pancho and Lefty, London Homesick Blues, The Road Goes On Forever, or Redneck Mothers (especially Redneck Mothers) every now and then.

Gotta give the old folks sumpin to sing along with-----
    Old folks. Pfft. Here I was playing a few Bob Wills tunes and Johnny Gimble and other stuff and nobody knew 'em. Next thing you know you're going to say that Lynard Skynard and Boston is old folks tunes.

I asked this elsewhere because I didn't want it to get lost in this thread and derail it, but there was a gentleman that came up at the end of the evening and invited me to come play at the Sons of Hermann hall... and for the life of me I can't remember his name or his handle. Please PM me! He was the gentleman that came up at the very end of the evening when Buck was about worn out and my wrist had pretty much seized up.
    Last edited by Kattelyn; 11-13-2012 at 12:51.

Hammock
    WB/Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Winter Palace.
    Insulation
    Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch bkls
    I would like to give a big thanks to Mike and Alan for the organizing and collection work they did.
    I had a great time as I knew I would.
    Great folks, good food, good music, good fire, good coffee (Old Gringo style), good knowledge, good hike, and good swag.
    Sitting around a fire listening to the wind in the trees and live honky-tonk music. Man it just doesn’t get any better than that.
    Thanks to all the “MacGyver(s)” who attempted with partial success, to resurrect my dead Durango. I am so impressed and blessed with the compassion you all showed. Thanks to Slinky for the use of a phone, and to Mike for letting the Rangers know my situation.
    A special BIG tanks to Gimpy for helping me get to the Rangers station so I could make some needed calls and arrange for them to pick me up the next day. Above and beyond brother.
    Thanks to “Split” who didn’t split, kept me company, and brewed up some hot java on a rainy Sunday. You are a interesting individual.
    I finally made it back to Fort Worth late Monday night. I know more about Fairfield than I started out to 
    But after all is said and done, I won’t let that sour anything. I’ll be back next year.
    Hope to see some of y’all at Caddo.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Glad you got out Spidey. That part is never fun. See you in January.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WB/Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Winter Palace.
    Insulation
    Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch bkls
    Thanks Shane.

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite
    Insulation
    Phoenix 0*
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Sorry you missed it. We had your space you requested saved for you. As mentioned earlier in the planning thread, the group buy is NOT a way to compete with the fine vendors here, simply a convenience and a little savings due to shared shipping. There will not be any mailing, this was an in person deal. Hopefully next year works better for you.
    That wasn't my understanding of the group buy. And even with that being the case, I wanted to honor my purchase decision so that someone wasn't out that money. If its not necessary, okay. But I felt I had to at least offer. I agree, I hope that things work more in my favor next year and we get to participate in what I knew (and has since been proved) to be an amazingly wonderful event. Being brand new to this community, I feel like I've missed "The Event" in which to immerse myself in all things hammock and community.

Even though I didn't get to partake, thank you for putting this together. And thanks to everyone else for making it great, makes next year even more anticipatory. Thank you, Throkda, for offering the ride as well. Look forward to dog park time.

Happy Humpday folks!
    InJoy,
    Claire

• + New Posts
  • Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast