Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    Ok, Now I'm hungry...again. Friday night Steak & something with it sounding mighty fine...Happy Cow going into the backpack.
    I'm planning a Thick Steak & Baked Potato w/fixin's Friday evening.
    Steaks and mixed veggies in a foil pouch. Tried the baked potato at 2nd FH and burnt it to a crisp. Steaks are marinating in Dale's in the freezer now.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    OES MacCat's
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I plan to Pre-Bake my potato Thursday evening. Steak will also go into a marinade then too. Then frozen until I leave from work. Ohh Yea!

Hammock
    Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    Old Coleman tent f
    Insulation
    ccf pad
    chunk those taters up on double foil..add some onions, butter,salt an pepper..fold the foil into a flat pouch and lay it on the grill..just grab the ends and flip it over every so often. Wah la..sum killer taters...when their done you can open the bag and add some of those real bacon bits you use on salads along with shredded cheese and close it up till the cheese melts..add a little sour cream when you serve it for some campfire loaded baked potatoes..no fuss no muss.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markunas View Post
    chunk those taters up on double foil..add some onions, butter,salt an pepper..fold the foil into a flat pouch and lay it on the grill..just grab the ends and flip it over every so often. Wah la..sum killer taters...when their done you can open the bag and add some of those real bacon bits you use on salads along with shredded cheese and close it up till the cheese melts..add a little sour cream when you serve it for some campfire loaded baked potatoes..no fuss no muss.
    That's what I planned for the mixed veggies. Some olive oil, butter and seasonings wrapped in the foil and grilled.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images

Parking

I just wanted to tell everyone about parking and will post a map/pic later. Most of you will probably be coming onto the property from Lake Arbuckle road from the north so I will refer to everything from that perspective (facing south).
    • There is a large cleared area before you go over the creek bridge that you can park in but be sure you have plenty of clearance and probably 4WD so that you can get back out
    • There is a smaller parking area just past the bridge on the left (next to the information kiosk and pay station) that should hold 4-5 cars
    • If all of that is full you can head down School Bus rd. (the road that forks to the left) and there is another small parking area on the left that you can fit 3-4 vehicles in
    • If all of those are full then you can backtrack to Rucks Dairy rd and continue down Rucks Dairy rd (the fork to the right) and go about 100 yards and you will see another information kiosk by a turn in to the left. That is the main campground and you can park on the opposite side of the road from the campground. You will see a pile of shell rock road material and you can just park anywhere along the road (but get completely off the road) along that grassy field.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't park in just any old place along the road. We have lots of endangered plants and animals on this forest and many of them live on the road shoulders in this area. I'm hoping we don't have too many parking problems but the numbers that look like they are planning on coming are pretty large so just find a place to park (the grassy field with the pile of shell rock has room to park everyone that came to FH2 so we should be fine) and come on down!

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    WB Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Air pad
    Suspension
    WB Adj webbing
    Hey guys ,I haven't been on the computer for a couple of days.I think I'll bring Some eggs ,meat and cheese. Whats the worst that could happen ,we mite have to eat it for lunch also ? That's not wrong. Looking Forward to meeting you guys.
    Dave
    If there's any thing else needed let me know..

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    All packed except frozen foods. Springs are bottomed out on the walker. Looks like something out of the Beverly Hillbillies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    OD that thing is EPIC awesomeness!!! Do you push or pull it? There better be an air horn on there somewhere!!
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    All push so far, 1 horse( jack@$$ )power. Have a bear bell hanging on there somewhere. Hadn't thought about a horn, just happen to have some bicycle horns in the barn.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    All you need is Grandma sitting in a rocker on top!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast